Halloween Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the urge to see what someone's face would look ripped off so I got to work on it. Still a ways to go on this prop like cleaning up his eye(blue) and sealing him but I think it looks pretty revolting. I envy people in like the SW who experience much faster drying times compared with the NE. Saw some similar props online thought I'd blindly try my hand at it and add my Kentucky Fried Barbecue Chicken motif. :cool:
Human Tree Flesh Art

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes he's definitely coming along "zombilicious". Thanks!!! My props often come out dark because I prefer Mixwax Aged Oak Gel Stain, it's even better on toast. Hard to take a picture of without an advanced state photographic knowledge(which i don't possess)or the giant fir ball in the sky to be shining from high above(snowing). Minwax Poly in a can is doing it's magic today though. I highly recommend it and that's not because I've inhaled too many fumes...but it's just good for crevice work and dries pretty quickly.
Face Head Skin Human Chin

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Joel. You couldn't see it at night lol You'd definitely have to use some lighting on a dark prop like this. I once did a corpse in Red Mahogany and it was right beside me as I handed out the candy playing an organ. Most of the kids didn't even see it. On Halloween night as nice as dark corpses look I think nothing beats a white skeleton or skull with any light you shine on it.

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With a flash thrown at him. He'd never look this bright unless he had a significant amount of light poured on him.
Head Human Flesh Art Rock

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Two more torn off faces I'm working on. I've tried 3 different methods each time. One thing is for sure when the cold came back the dry time increased. almost out of poly and that will be the end of the ripped off faces.
Human Rock Flesh Art Art

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I've come up with his name, Hitchcock. Here's Hitchcock after his 1st spray. Can't have dry gore. Dry gore is like beer without a buzz, a kite without a string, a fist without a punch, a skull without a death...
Head Human Art Flesh Portrait

1 - 11 of 11 Posts