Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Gemmy Lightshow box, 6 outlets, with mp3. On the bottom of the control box next to the electrical cord and Speaker RCA jack port, there's a round, green screw-on cap cover which is labeled "Link Port". Gemmy's instructions on using this product aren't very helpful and do not mention the purpose of this port--looks like some male connector of sorts. I've been to the Gemmy website and even when you enter the item number into their Advance Search option under Customer Service on the site, nothing comes up. I figure someone here will probably be better at giving me help anyway :D so here I am asking! Anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought one of these , the link port is for an external speaker. My unit came with a speaker that plugs right into that jack.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought one of these , the link port is for an external speaker. My unit came with a speaker that plugs right into that jack.

Mine came with a speaker too (bought mine from Frontgate on clearance).

The speaker cord plugs into the female port labeled Speaker on the bottom. The link port (labeled as such) has a different connector and the speakers wouldn't go in there. I think the port has another use. Maybe to attach a secondary box with more outlets? I've seen 12-outlet Gemmy systems out there but the instructions do not say if you can "upgrade". The mp3 connects at the top of the box so I know it's not for that purpose.

I hate when manuals aren't complete.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Litenin told me the link is for an additional 6 outlet box, so that you can control 12 total. He said his came with the xtra 6, must be a deluxe model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts