Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like many of you, we are cutting some props close to the wire. For a variety of reasons, we are pressed for time. Today is windy! Not really sure what tomorrow's weather will be like. These are the wings to a 15ft long Dragon... If this all comes together, I will post picks and maybe even a tutorial. We had to cut corners and changed our plan many times over. So, wish us luck!!! They are about 30ft tip to tip at the bottom widest part.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
"Drag-On! Drag-on!" Here's hoping that you won't be wishing that you would have made your dragons from concrete or steel before the season has passed us.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Most impressive..
Hope the weather is kind to you before the big day!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what did you make the dragon out of we love dragons to love to do something like this
We found a 13 ft inflatable dragon that didn't look cheesy. We used PVC pipes for the wing structure held together with bailing wire. They were bendable at the joints. I found this gold velour fabric on sale at joann's and bought the whole bolt of it. It was an ugly color but matched the dragon body well. It was thin, still heavy with so much fabric but doable. Painted the PVC a brown color and stretched each wing out in the yard. Used carpet tape on each pipe and stretched the fabric across and tacked it down, trimmed off the rest.

We couldn't hang it the way we intended due to the overall weight but propped part up on a pedestal so it looked like it was jumping up to fly. Plus it was still secured to the house and tree. If the wind had picked up that bad boy would have been airborne for sure!
We'd probably do it different next time but, it worked and looked way cool. :)

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Can't believe I missed this thread last year! That looks fantastic.

Now, the question everyone wants to ask: Where did you find a 13-foot inflatable dragon?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts