Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Omg my party is tomorrow and I'm trying to use my brain mold to make this dip thing with crab meat and mayonaise and the creamy cream cheese, and it won't make a mold. It just looks like a big glob of dip when i flip it out. I left in in the fridge for about a half an hour to an hour. Is there some magic secret I'm missing? I've tried saranwrap and cooking spray still no luck. HELP!!!! Thnx guys.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Are you making sure that it's really mashed down in the crevices? What about freezing it and then thawing it in the fridge (with a bit of surrandwrap over it to avoid condensation). Or, try thickening up the recipe a bit?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Maybe it hasn't "set" yet....you may need to refrigerate for a few hours....that will give the cheese enough time to firm.....I assume when you made the recipe....the cream cheese was at room temp?? It may just need some extra time to chill....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha I can't believe I forgot the gelatin lol I'm such a noob :p thnx guys what would I do without you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good Luck and let us know how it goes! Also, if your dip tastes really good, please post the recipe for the rest of us :)

thanks
-megs

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow, I can't believe I missed the link above, thanks for reposting! Now for the generic brain mold, do I use the whole recipe??

THanks,
megs

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Megs112. At least. I have a different recipe, it's a shrimp one & I double it. It's to the top but it all gets eaten. :)

A tip to get the dip to come out of the mold easier is to dip the bottom 1/2 of the mold in hot water for a few seconds before flipping it onto your plate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts