Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Harbinger of Autumn
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To set the scene, we are renters with the thought that we would only be in the house for a year so our garage is full of boxes. We are now on our third year but that is hopefully about to change as we have an offer on a house that I hope to be in soon so I can plan my first yard haunt done for me and not someone else's yard.

Our neighborhood is full of feral cats as well and I keep telling my wife I need a black cat! She said if could catch one I could keep it! Well we heard a little bit of mewing the other night and found that a mother got in between my boxes and had her litter on a shirt she dragged over to lay on. We made a path for her and gave her some food and water. We left the garage up just enough to let her get in and out as needed and let her be. We heard some noise in the middle of the night and found she was gone but for one orphaned little one.

Meet Omen. We are doing our best to see Omen through. We are hand feeding and caring and have everyone involved. Seems I might have my familiar I always wanted!

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,202 Posts
Hello, Omen!

Thanks much for sharing this with us....it was rewarding just to read; I'm sure it's significantly more so to actually be the one nursing this little guy along!

On a related note, this is another bit of confirmation of the big-hearted nature of the folks here, as are the positive reactions. I'm always so pleased to see posts like this; they affirm my opinion of this community as a whole, and makes me happy to be a part of it.

Great story, great job, and great familar! :)

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,582 Posts
Squeeeeeeee!!! How adorable is tiny baby Omen!?! Sooooo completely, perfectly sweet and cute!!! I hope your little familiar does wonderfully! Sending so much good energy to you guys!!!! Keep us informed on how things are going with your tiny kitty!!

I, myself, have two kitties that had been abandoned by their moms when they were babies. Max was around 4 weeks when we found him and Ty was only a day old when she and her identical sisters were found by my aunts friend. Just keep doing what you are doing, feeding kitten formula often and keeping the little one warm and loved.

...Squeeeeeeeeee!!! <3 :D

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Sounds to me it was meant to be! This little one needs to be with you! Welcome Omen to your new home! You will be loved and cherished!
Good on you lot! My respect is yours! There's no creatures like cats and there's nothing like a cat who is loved!

·
Vintage Halloween'er
2,994 Posts
awww, so cute!! I've not been on here much and I've not shown ya'll my new kitten..I raised him from a bottle...

Mammal Vertebrate Squirrel Rodent ground squirrels

LOL! I am suppose to be trying to let him free now..but I am afraid he won't know to run from cats now?? (so he just keeps growing..sigh..)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.