Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
What is your creative way of passing out candy to Older Trick or Treaters?

In 2017 Older Trick or Treaters had to reach into other dimension via Trick or Treat book being watched by Annabelle. Annabelle would sit up when the book was reached into. Most Trick or Treaters were to freaked out by the doll to reach into the book.

In 2018 Older Trick or Treaters had to reach inside a Betelguse sandworm.

In 2019 Older Trick or Treaters will have to reach inside the Necronomicon for their candy. It's 1.5 ft to reach the bottom of the bag.

There will have chilled fog and creepy music to go with this.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
THIS IS AN AWESOME IDEA. :love::love::love:

I can't believe this is the first time I've heard of doing this with the older kids - seriously brilliant and I LOVE it.

So creative, every one of the ideas! And I love that you're still getting some scares for the ones that might be putting on a brave face and saying they're only in it for the candy. You are creating life-long memories for these kids.

I was thinking this was going to be another "older kids shouldn't be trick-or-treating" hating... thank you so much for sharing this.

Registered
Oak Lane Cemetery did something similar with a tree stump and a what looked like a rotten pumpkin. The stump was the candy holder and the kids had to reach down into a Jack-O-Lantern to get the candy.

Here is the link to how he made it.

Unfortunately the pics. are not showing up, maybe @Oak Lane Cemetery, can re-share some of the pics. If not here is a video of his haunt that year and you can see it starting at 3:37 mark.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
This was a 2 person 3 hour build.
The most time consuming part was waiting for the glue to dry so the book could be hollowed out. This was assembled pretty quick after that. If you make this make sure you put washers on the inside of the back cover & on the wood side. This will keep the book & the bag in place.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Oak Lane Cemetery did something similar with a tree stump and a what looked like a rotten pumpkin. The stump was the candy holder and the kids had to reach down into a Jack-O-Lantern to get the candy.

Here is the link to how he made it.

Unfortunately the pics. are not showing up, maybe @Oak Lane Cemetery, can re-share some of the pics. If not here is a video of his haunt that year and you can see it starting at 3:37 mark.

Thank You! Will definitely do something like this in the future.

Registered
I actually sold this prop earlier in the season, but here is the tutorial for it...
Thanks Oak Lane. I must have missed this video when I was going through your channel. This really stuck out to me when I first saw it not long after I joined the forum which is why I had remembered you making it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts