Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice a recent run of new folks bumping extremely old threads up - asking about items for sale or props built that were last discussed years ago?

I can't understand why this would be happening - it's pretty obvious if they had to page through to locate the posts that they were inactive...

:rolleyes:

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But common sense would mean you'd look at the dates before posting, right? But I guess not...

It's just weird timing, since you'd think the newbies would be searching way closer to October. ;)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I know I have personally gone through some really old threads here, having questions at the end of them that were never really answered.... while I never did rehash the old dead thread, i dont really have a problem if others do it.... if the OP is still an active member, and can help a newb searching through old threads, thats what its all about, right? Helping folks? :D

·
No One Mourns The Wicked
5,231 Posts
You are absolutely correct dixie!
People should still be able to ask about props from days gone by and if the author isn't around anymore another member can step in and help.

Personally I get frustrated when someone posts a reply to the thread but they haven't bothered to read the whole thread. If they had, they may find the answer to their question or find that the prop sold months if not years ago.

Honestly, this happens on ALL forums and it's just part of forum life. :D

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Awww c'mon...

Are we sure it's not zombies?
This is a Halloween forum, after all...

Aliens?

·
3,388 Posts

·
3,388 Posts
Food items, dental floss, facial cleanser, shampoo, deoderant, decorative mirrors, yanno... all the stuff they don't need anymore! ;)
Okay...now I'm sitting here laughing at the thought of a zombie's yard sale...

EVERYTHING in the house is thrown into the yard...the zombie's just kind of standing there, and anytime anyone asks the price of anything, all it can slur out is "Braaiinnss??"

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are absolutely correct dixie!
People should still be able to ask about props from days gone by and if the author isn't around anymore another member can step in and help.

Personally I get frustrated when someone posts a reply to the thread but they haven't bothered to read the whole thread. If they had, they may find the answer to their question or find that the prop sold months if not years ago.

Honestly, this happens on ALL forums and it's just part of forum life. :D
Yeah, that's what's bugging me - the prop or material was sold A LONG TIME ago, and I hate reading the first post and then getting excited about something and then seeing the date from years ago, and getting all disappointed. :(

I don't care if anyone bumps a post with a question - but the sales/free stuff is getting my hopes up too much! :rolleyes:

Okay...now I'm sitting here laughing at the thought of a zombie's yard sale...

EVERYTHING in the house is thrown into the yard...the zombie's just kind of standing there, and anytime anyone asks the price of anything, all it can slur out is "Braaiinnss??"
That is priceless. :D

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Also some threads will be brought up through google searches and people might respond to them even though their years old. Thats actually what brought me to the forum. But I didn't bump the thread ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts