Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering hiring this guy to watch over my graveyard this year - that is, if he "pulls himself together" in time! (haha, I crack myself up)

Bear with me, he is my first "realistic" sculpt:

styro wig head with celluclay:

rough features:

eyes added:

paperclay "skin" added:

ears and first coat of paint:

Still got a long way to go but it's coming along better than I thought it would!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hey! That's my second cousin! :OP

Seriously, that's coming along fantastically... can't wait to see the final result!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Nice transformation! Can't wait to see him finished!

MsM

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the ecouragement! I am having a lot of fun with this project, even though it has been quite a challenge for me. I am anxious to see how he turns out, as well! :D

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is your paper clay recipe? It looks amazing!
Actually, paperclay is a ready-made product. It is an air dry clay, presumably made from paper products, sold at craft stores like Michael's. Very easy to work with, dries quickly but not too quickly if you keep your hands wet while working it. Very pliable. Dries smooth but can be sanded if needed. It's a great product. Thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hmm.. . this might be just what I need to give a smooth finish to a large paper mache spider that I'm currently working on. What type of paint/sealant do you recommend using on paperclay?

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm.. . this might be just what I need to give a smooth finish to a large paper mache spider that I'm currently working on. What type of paint/sealant do you recommend using on paperclay?
After it is primed and painted, you can use pretty much any type clear coat finish. It mostly depends on how weather proof you need it to be.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Whoa............. awesome.
Not familiar with celluclay but I think I want to be!
Can't wait to see the finished product.
Talented U R !
DDGF

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It just occured to me that I never came back and updated. Sorry!
Here he is today, waiting for his body:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts