Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This message goes out to any member able to help out a fellow haunter, this person will be reimbursed for your time and out of pocket expenses. experience preferred but not necessarry. I need someone who could make a mold and pour a pair of silicone hands and feet with an old lady as the life cast, done discretely without insult, or direcly from an existing prop. The limbs need to be highly detailed boney and wrinkled. I have found a video showing the ease of this proceedure and the supplier of materials. Painting is not required. YouTube - Mold Making and Casting: Silicone Hand

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Evil Bob your right I think they would notice you casting their hands and feet. the key here is without insult, I don't recomend someone entice their model by saying they need to cast a pair of old wrinklly, arthritic hands and feet. Or do they.

UnOrthodOx yes, we all have one lying around don't we?

Pennywise, that sounds ideal when do you think you could have them ready?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure but isn't there something unorthodox about that? I would be honoured if she would be willing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To be honest I haven't priced the materials for this method of casting. I would like to keep cost down for materials, but am willing to pay generously for the work. I would be open to suggestions. My only goal here is to get a pair of old lady, wrinkled boney hands and feet what materials, method, life cast or cast from other means are all irrelevent and are open to personal preferrance. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an idea that might work, an awesome catalog that has all sorts of bits...
American Science & Surplus : Items Just Off the Truck
Go to website and search for the order numbers #90072.... 390073
Or buy this stuff and make casts of solid objects, anything from faces and fingers to celery and crucifixes, with quick-setting Instamold. (We'll sell you 10 oz. of the Instamold compound, but you provide the water to mix it with.) Then fill the molds you've made with plaster, wax, or Permastone-yes, we sell Permastone too. It's an extremely strong casting medium with a clean white hue when set, waterproof and scratch resistant. Each can we sell has 1-3/4 lbs. of Permastone, to be mixed with water.

90072 INSTAMOLD $12.95 EACH
90073 PERMASTONE $10.95 EACH

and snatch you an old person...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the reply. I don't know if I'm missing something but when I go to the americanscienceandsurplus.com web site it looks like a site to vaious other links. I tried typing in the product #'s that you mentioned but I don't see what you might be referring to.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the reference, I was hoping it was possibly available props, the problem is I'm not able to think of anyone who I can cast from.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Purchase the stuff and send it to someone who knows a willing victi...um..volunteer. Someone you know must have grandparents or high-jack someone at a nursing home. Say you are giving them a manicure and pedicure...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts