Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor gave me an old 27" TV for free and it works. Has AV inputs so I can hook something up to it.
Cant decide what to do with it. My theme this year is ghost, apparitions and occult stuff.
Thought maybe a child close to the screen and play a loop of static for a poltergeist vibe or play a loop of the Ring video and have the girl coming out of the TV. Anyone have anything else?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I use my old CRT TVs as "ghost projectors" either pointing them up into a 45 degree glass/plexi at a window - or by building a projector box with a Dollar Store magnifying sheet set into a cardboard box. For that- the TV need to be upside-down unless you have an upside-down image feed to start with. You can adjust the color and brightness as works best. Since my original sources were on VHS, I kept their old VCRs and just set it up every year- sometimes laying a sheet of lighting gel across the screen to change the color. Green works well. Super cheap and a great effect!

I'll try to scare up a pic of a projection and post.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Not the greatest pcture- but here is a ghost witch made with a 19" CRT TV. I pointed the TV towards the ceiling and leaned an old porch glass/aluminum door at a 45 degree angle at the window. The witch was transparent and would look from side to side. It was really effective and scared quite a few TOTs. Window Door Glass Art

Edit: Sorry- posted just as you posted above. Maybe a spider room with scenes from that 50's giant spider movie as the "person" watching is devoured by spiders?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts