Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my English bulldog a tuxedo for halloween and plan on putting him in the hall-o-ween contest at Petsmart...after i bathe him tonight ill take pics..anyone else...pretty insane..lMAO!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Since almost every store has dog/cat costumes I can only assume you are not alone!

We took our dog trick or treating last year (his first time) and he did really well so I'm hoping to dress him up this year and see how he does. He's a cattle dog and a bit weird about some things so we'll see. Last year Petsmart had a cow costume and I really wanted that for him, so I'm thinking either a cow for giggles OR a cowboy would fit his personality well.

·
Registered
327 Posts
To me, clothes on dogs always seems ridiculous because its usually people putting sweaters and stuff on their little Bichon or Yorkie to keep them warm...and that's what fur is for. :rolleyes:

But my wife loves to dress up our dogs in costumes for our Halloween party and she even bought a bunch on clearance a few years ago for a little dog, before we had our Boston terrier. Usually Paz, our Shepherd, gets some devil horns, but I think poor little Maynard will be subjected to full costume this year...:D

M

·
0 Posts
My doggie dresses up every year and loves every minute of it!! I am undecided on this years costume...So far I think the lobster costume is winning
This is Montana last year.

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
Buster is a cutie!

She didn't mind the legs, but the head piece that came with the costume, yeah, that lasted a whole 37 seconds. :D

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
I always dress my dogs up. We have an entire drawer full of costumes. The dogs are always a highlight for our ToTers. They come back every year waiting to see what they will wear.

I lost my beloved Blackjack in July this year, so it will not be the same. He used to sit in the front door and greet every kid on Halloween. Duke will sit there, but he like to bark at the kids some.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The last two years he has been a dinosaur and a pumpkin. This year I am being Pocahontas so I wanted him to be raccoon but I am having trouble finding a costume.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We're dressing our dog as a race horse - white medical tape on the lower legs, halti harness for reins, fake hair glued to the halti for mane...just need to figure out how to make a saddle.... :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
My doggie dresses up every year and loves every minute of it!! I am undecided on this years costume...So far I think the lobster costume is winning
This is Montana last year.

Ok, not a huge fan of the dog costumes but THIS...is incredibly cute!!!

If I tried to put my dogs in anything you'd see one of those cartoon whirl winds of a fight and I'd likely be the one who ends up in the costume!

·
Registered
336 Posts
We have a boxer who I'm going to try to dress up this year. I bought my dog a costume for the first time at my son's request. We found a Zero (nightmare B4 Xmas) costume for $3 at a local outlet store. Since I found my lil girl a Sally costume for cheap that she'll be wearing next year, I gave in and got the dog's costume.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
My dog died, but in Halloweens of the past we always made her a costume. I remamber one halloween I was having a Halloween party. She was a big Black Lab so I rapped orange crepe paper around her. But she got pissed at that idea and rolled on the floor until it was all off.LOL pets some times don't co-operate.

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
I would love to dress up our 2 doxies but when we put on their sweaters in the winter they go into paralyze mode. They won't walk, they won't move and they look dejected....lol. Costumes would either be eaten or cause severe psychological damage to them..lol

·
Registered
295 Posts
hannibal- "paralyze mode" LMAO! :D :D My cocker does the same thing! My other one does the complete opposite! :D

I just loved those pics! I hope everyone posts pics of their dogs....if a dog in a costume doesn't make you smile then I don't know what will. :D

I'm still smiling as I write this...my friend just asked me why I'm smiling at my computer. (I'm at work) :rolleyes:

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
hannibal- "paralyze mode" LMAO! :D :D My cocker does the same thing! My other one does the complete opposite! :D

I just loved those pics! I hope everyone posts pics of their dogs....if a dog in a costume doesn't make you smile then I don't know what will. :D

I'm still smiling as I write this...my friend just asked me why I'm smiling at my computer. (I'm at work) :rolleyes:

LOL...this is how bad it is. Last winter we put a sweater on one of the doxies and he was in the begging position, well i let him go figuring he would go forward and land on his front paws.... instead he tipped over backwards like when you do timber and just laid there. I wish I had recorded it...rofl. So yeah they seriously would be offended (and damaged) by costumes.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts