Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
1,991 Posts
Nope. :p

This year is my daughter's Sweet 16 on 9/28 so I won't take over her day by Halloween-ifying. However, she wanted a bounce house :rolleyes: so we're compromising by taking her & her friends to the orchard that has giant air-filled pillows for jumping on. Plus, I won't have to clean up there!

I heard the hubby telling a friend of his that he needs to start moving stuff around in the garage so I can get my goodies out. After we got the new roof earlier this year, we just stacked everything in the back corner of the garage, so my totes are buried!

Soon, soon.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I opened my storage containers today and looked in. I'm wondering if I need some autumn thing to put out before I put out Halloween, as it is early yet....I don't seem to have anything autumny that's not Halloweeny!
What do you guys think? Something autumn first, or just delve right in as I usually do?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I started yesterday in the living room. However after seeing 2 inches of dust it turned from decorating to an all out cleaning session(s). Having major OCD I am still cleaning the living room. I have all my Halloween decorations out all over the apartment. Putting it up and out piece by piece. My back is killing me. I hate OCD!

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
No way my wife would even consider letting me start decorating this early......** attempt to save image**** what I meant to say was that my secret reaper build is taking up all my free time.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I started unpacking today and started decorating the dining room and living room.This is the earliest I ever started decorating.I usually don't start until the last few days of September.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Not unpacking but cleaning out, Goodwilling, & just generally re-organizing the entire house really but Halloween/Christmas stuff is part of that too. I've got several shelves in the basement that were put up over the winter & there's just a mish-mash of stuff on them, holiday & non-holiday stuff & I just can't stand it anymore.

I was working on it tonite & just said "I can't. Fried. Brain." I'm going to remove anything non-holiday, then re-organize the holiday stuff & then make a very large trip to Goodwill & post some stuff here.

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
LOL Unpacking? How about most of the stuff never even made it back into containers last year? I'm already half way there! I really have to get my room cleaned up so I can actually start working in there. It looks like Osenator's place in the video except I don't have as much space or totes of stuff. It's a smaller version of that.

·
Registered
211 Posts
We always have things out... sonny/cher skeletons singing on the counter in bathroom; Butlers in kitchen and recrooms; half-head candy bowls usualy filled with something all the time for when the kids visit; fenceboard coffins weatherizing in the backyard against the Halloween sheds....

So I don't really know if unpacking is a true word around here! Now, decorating the front yard is different story ... backyard however, is always decorated. :)

But our "bins" are all stacked ontop of each other in the sheds, and labeled with 8.5"11" paper that has pictures of everything in that bin. So I don't really need to unpack a bin but when I am looking for something in particular, I just take that out of the bin... sure makes organizing and getting what you want instantly a lot quicker!

·
Registered
137 Posts
To "unpack" one must of first "packed."

Who doesn't have a few stray dummies in the house? They're just sort
of hanging out.

And the bookcase with the display of masks...ALWAYS the one thing
people check out when they come over.

But I confess...some of the lesser stuff is put in the building. A special
building just for props. Costumes are stored in the office.

Other items are simply left in the woods, year round.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts