Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little one.... I just finished going thru my stash of Halloween clearance finds from last year.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF!

No wonder my family thinks I have a problem:p

I bought more than a few decorations, mostly skulls, bones, plates, serving dishes, things to add to what I already have.

I heard about Boo-ing for the first time last year too, and we had so much fun I planned on doing it this year, oh man I bought enough little stuff to boo the whole neighborhood!!

So that's what I do when the rest of the family goes to bed....I'm in the basement surrounded my Halloween toys, with a big cheesy smile on my face!:D

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have to go to my storage unit to be surrounded by my Halloween stuff.... :(

I too can't believe I bought so much stuff after Halloween last year! But the more I bought last year is the less I have to buy this year. (yah right!) LOL

·
Registered
666 Posts
there should be more people like you in the world. :) Hearing that makes me happy.

I remember last year going to Opry Mills mall here in TN and having a guy walking in with a group of friends (near my best friend and I ) tell his friends they could go wherever they wanted but the only reason he was there was to goto the Spirit store. My friend teased me about it, and said I should have a guy like that :p (even tho I'm married) I told her if I ever ended up divorced my major requirement next time would be to find a guy with as much enthusiasm for the love of decorating, parties, and holidays as I have (Especially Halloween). She just laughed (They never seem to understand) ::Sigh::

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to go to my storage unit to be surrounded by my Halloween stuff.... :(

I too can't believe I bought so much stuff after Halloween last year! But the more I bought last year is the less I have to buy this year. (yah right!) LOL

I keep trying to justify my stash with that same phrase!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Ok, I'm willing to make the sacrifice and take all of your 'halloween addicted binge buying' off your hands. PM me for address and shipping details hahaha

I wish I had your problems lol There is vey little halloween stuff here and absolutely not reduced after halloween.

MsM

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know what you mean!

I am also going through all my stuff from over the years (in advance of this year's party) and every box I open is like unwraping a present at xmas. I used to charge the price of a Halloween decoration at my Halloween parties which allowed me to build up a mass quantity of good stuff. People around me also find my zeal for Halloween peculiar; too bad I say! Enjoy all of your Halloween "toys"!

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
I have an entire 5x5 storage packed all the way to the top of the 9 ft ceiling with halloween stuff. That doesn't include a single thing we've built this year though, and that's a ton! I'm actually going this weekend to get a bigger storage unit... we'll test out a 5x10, hopefully that will suffice for the time being. If I had any room in my apartment, i'd totally store some stuff there.... (we took an inventory of everything in my storage last week and it was 4 pages long!! Front and Back!)

I too bought a TON of stuff on clearance after halloween.. Almost all of it 75% off... I think I spent about $120 (mind you at 75% off!!) ... AND THEN we decided this years theme was Nightmare before Xmas, so after XMAS, we went about got another $300 worth of crap (again at 75% off!!) for this year. I counted... we have 500+ orange black and silver ornament balls. to decorate our trees with!!

It never ends, because each year you must buy more to continue to satisfy your needs!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
I do the same thing, I buy and buy after Halloween and all year long here and there justifying to myself that I will use the items for the Secret Reaper here or for Booing my friends at work. Problem is when the time comes I end up wanting to keep EVERYTHING:D This year I have been shopping on line all year In hopes I wont have to buy anything when the time comes. Well the time is near and you know what???? IM STILL BUYING:eek: Oh well:D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ok, I'm willing to make the sacrifice and take all of your 'halloween addicted binge buying' off your hands. PM me for address and shipping details hahaha

I wish I had your problems lol There is vey little halloween stuff here and absolutely not reduced after halloween.

MsM
MsMeeple, I hear you guys over there, England, Ireland and elsewhere are always having trouble with there hardly being any stores that sell Halloween items and I always wonder why that is. I guess I have always thought that with the goth scene I hear about in England and I guess remembering about all the historic witch superstitions and the superstitions regarding Dracula, I guess I am jumping all over the place, I have always thought that most scary and supernatural beliefs, all somewhat began in the old times. Therefore, you all should of had a head start in this arena. What happened? Just a question I have always wanted to ask. :)

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I literally cant even defend my self on this subject. I am so into halloween and prop building, my entire basement is filled with halloween stuff and i also have props at my mothers in her garage and getting ready to put stuff in my fathers brand new garage. Since january of this year i have spent almost every cent of cash i have left over after paying bills on halloween stuff and prop building supplies. I find myself always buying air cylinders, prop controllers, sound cards, pvc, building supplies. I also try to buy every single halloween related cd,cassette tape or old lp that i can find that i dont already have. I really need to start me a fund for after halloween purchases.

·
Spider Maven
1,468 Posts
I'm so glad I found this forum...I really thought I was the only one. With every item that came out of the attic today I was so excited. It was like seeing old friends, sorting through who was good, who needed work...and who could not be saved but needed to be taken apart to be re-purposed. sigh.... Oh...and the excitement of the bags of forgotten goodies that were stashed from the after-sales last year.

My 4-year old kept screaming 'I love this guy' with each prop that came down......hmm......It's a wonder that child doesn't have nightmares....or perhaps this is why he doesn't. (insert evil laughter here)

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
Hello, my name is Mick and I am a propaholic.....:D!

You know you have a problem when it takes the better part of three days to get all of your props out of the attic, up from the basement and out from other various storage spots!!!

And I used to give my lovely bride so much grief for her collection of Christmas ornaments and decorations.....not any more!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts