Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
Will be working on reaper like projects this weekend, but have been looking at my bins every time I walk by them the past week or so...wonder when I should crack them open. I also keep thinking about my mantel above the fireplace.....soon, but not yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I wish I had as much stuff as you guys do, but each year I buy a little more. I have put in a green light bulb in hall light fixture as a start for this years party :D I would like to bring my stuff down, but husband is having a fantasy football draft here and his ppl might would think a little crazy. After this weekend I will start dragging it all out and buying the stuff to board up my windows outside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Unpack?! Yikes!! I need more time...
I have been building, and building and building...not even thinking about taking down all the boxes and cartons of my "filler stuff". But with only 2 months to go, I guess I should get started. Besides, every year I purchase new items in the Day After sales, pack them up and forget about them. Then when I open the boxes the following year, I am surprised at what I find...it is like Christmas!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
Not unpacking Halloween this weekend but I will start putting out my autumn decor--new rugs, towels, and pumpkin/maple leaf items. All of the JOLs and spooky stuff will have to wait until the last week of September or first week of October.
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I WISH I had as much as most people on here. I am just getting started though. I seemed to have lost a few things I had whenever we moved (I was missings boxes and even boxes of kids toys simply disappeared).

I get new stuff every year though so I cannot wait for my collection to grow!

As for the question -- I have taken a lot of my stuff out already, haha. Decorating keeps my mind off things.
 

·
Mad Monster Maker
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
I've procrastinated for most of this past year, but I've been going full speed for the last few weeks. My cemetery fence is coming along nicely, and hopefully I'll get started on my columns next weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
My autumn stuff goes out this week, even though its in the 80s still.

I have to find my leaves for the railings and get orange lights.

Plus secret reaper gets mailed out this week or early next.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
Yes, the long weekend will be great to jump in with both feet. Ya Hoo!

I wish I could say that everything was packed away, as somethings never found their way into the bin and/or sit unfinished, but unpacking what did always brings a smile and comments like "I forgot about that!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
I started gathering all my things. I forgot about some of the things I bought on clearance last year. I have already started a list of additional things and started menu ideas
 

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
Joined
·
2,435 Posts
Wish I was, have to go to Annapolis for drum corps championship this wknd then to Michigan Sunday to pick up some furniture from my Mom's estate before the auction. Should be home next Fri or Sat, then game on! Woot!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Not unpacking but hopefully using the long weekend to work on some things. I unpack as I set up since i need to move the big items to get to the other stuff.
 

·
Somewhat Eccentric
Joined
·
2,278 Posts
Well, technically most of it never got packed. :confused: It just sorta was plopped about the basement.
The same here, except I don't have a basement. About 75% got put into totes and stacked in a corner, but the other 25% plus what I've bought so far this year is scattered about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
I WISH I had as much as most people on here. I am just getting started though. I seemed to have lost a few things I had whenever we moved (I was missings boxes and even boxes of kids toys simply disappeared).

I get new stuff every year though so I cannot wait for my collection to grow!

As for the question -- I have taken a lot of my stuff out already, haha. Decorating keeps my mind off things.
Don't worry Child otc87, Your collection will grow before you know it! I've only been a member for a year on this forum & being around all this knowledge & talent is very inspiring. I've also learned to shop the flea markets & yard sales they have great deals! Most "average" people don't realize there is a large "underground" movement to collect all Halloween All the Time! LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Geez, y'all are slow.....:) I've been putting up whole house decor for 2 weeks now. First party EVER - so I'm a little nervous I won't get it all done. But someone posted to remember that your friends will appreciate anything you've done and to relax and enjoy your own party, so I'm takin' that advice! Now to finish "grinding his bones to make my bread"..... ahahaha
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top