Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year was perfect weather, finally, on a Friday, and we had a DISSAPOINTING 200ish kids and teens and total. We were expecting 500 at least...

Everyone I talked too was shock how little kids was this year. Maybe they had lots of parties and such...

AND we had 50 to 75 family skip our Haunt because it was... TOO SCARY FOR THEM... We heard it many times tonight.. "Oh no, it's way to scary here for the kids...".

Sight... This is how you get PRECIOUS LITTLES SNOWFLAKES....

But we still had fun, many times people and kids saying this was the best Haunt they ever seen in their entire life and such...

Oh well... Next year, then..

So, How many kids you had?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Around 30 which is slightly more than last year. Our neighborhood has no sidewalks, really steep drop offs and generally isn't great for ToT-ing so we were happy with the turn out.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
"Best Haunt Ever" is great, even if the numbers were down.
We're rural, so we're lucky if we get double digit ToTs. Some pre-teen and teen kids nearby came around to see the house in the last couple days, and then had parties tonight. There are only a few little ones within a couple miles of us, and I guess their parents took them to town for ToTing.

·
Seer of All
2,937 Posts
We had between 540-550 kids this year and had to shut down about a half hour earlier than normal. Weather was perfect and it's Friday so that helped. Plus, most area churches had their things on Wednesday so that left tonight wide open. It was awesome!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Right at 200 this year. Not too bad since it was freaking cold and windy! Had several wRm up by my little space heater before they went to the next house!
Best one was the vet polite young man who was fascinated by the props we built and wanted to know how to build his own!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,686 Posts
Lost count, but we're figuring it was over 70 but probably less than 100. We average (when we count) anywhere between 50-150, so tonight was a success for us. We usually do very light on Friday night TOT due to high school football (around here it's VERY big) and parties if Halloween falls on the weekend, so we were surprised at the turnout.

BUT we didn't have our first TOT until 7:30! They are getting later and later every year.

·
black light queen
2,494 Posts
disappointing ... only 210 ... which was strange because we got way more cars, over the past couple of weeks, stop or slow down and look at the yard ... which the best we've done :)

was hoping for over 300 ... last year 260ish

but everyone that came thought it was "AWESOME" :)

but, now what am i supposed to do with all of the loot that i have left over ... :) ... naturally saved the best for last!

had a gr8 night, even though the turnout was lower than i expected

but it was the best that they've ever seen, which is gratifying

amk

·
Registered
172 Posts
We had about 200 kids and we are figuring with adults maybe about 350 people came to check it out. Last year we only had around 50 kids, so this was a big jump which was great. We made up 100 treat bags but quickly went through those. Luckily we had backup candy, since we definitely needed it!

·
Registered
13,617 Posts
I wasn't sure what to expect but by 8pm had just under 80 (hubby sent me to quickly make up more bags) and by 8:30pm when it started to rain a bit harder we ended up with a last rush and had about 15 more. Not bad given the weather.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,397 Posts
Less than 30. I thought since it was Friday and good weather we would have had more, but nope.

And for the first time in forever, the wasn't a single breeze to be found. I have already started planning next year's party so someone will see and appreciate all the work and decorations.

·
Registered
81 Posts
27, I don't understand it, worked my butt off last year with Great Weather and got 13, this year rainy and Gloomy Night and Got 27

·
Registered
169 Posts
I didn't even think to count. This was the first year to hand out candy and to put up the graveyard - we've always taken our kids around to TOT and this was the first year that the youngest was really too old to do it. When we did take the kids around, our housing addition always seemed to have tons and tons of kids running around. Tonight.....not so much. If I had to guess, I'd say 50-75 kids. But, it is also pretty cold for here. Low 40s. Maybe that hampered turnout. Friday night football too.

The kids and parents that did come, loved the display. I heard more than one child say "this is so cool" or they would admire the carved foam pumpkins and name who the carving was. Lot of parents said it was really cool and I saw people taking pictures of the yard and/or taking pictures of the kids in front of the static plague doctor props. So, it was definitely worth it and a lot of fun. I hope that by decorating this year, it'll drive up the number of people that come by next year.

The only negative thing was that I had made 30+ witches lanterns and hung them on the cemetery fence and also from several tree limbs. Apparently some teenager decided to take one and go smash it in the road and then they ran off into the woods; across the creek and towards the high school just on the other side. Always some punks that have to ruin it for everyone. :mad:

Anyway - Happy Halloween to everyone!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great night here in Utah, we had at least 200 kids. I have only lived in this house 5 years, and this neighborhood is growing, but I think since my display has been growing we have been getting busier. This year busted out singing pumpkins and it was a super hit. So much fun and nothing like it in the hood. 4 years ago we only had 25-30. Could have been the day.

·
Registered
448 Posts
275 - half of what we had just 2 years ago. A neighbor said that a few blocks away was swarming with TOTs, but they didn't come our way. :( Lovely weather and the rain was polite enough to wait until 10 PM to start. Nice compliments too, so all in all a great night.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts