Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG! I just found this on Youtube! Now that's cool! I'm not sure who's home this is, anyone know if it's someone on this forum?

·
Registered
994 Posts
That's quite over the top. Holy crap.

I'm guessing it's mostly the video, but it looked really difficult to see a lot with such modest lighting. The effects were cool, but things like the video were hard to see and the lights were turned down/out quite a bit.

Still amazing though. Anyone that turns their house into a waterfall is okay with me!

·
Registered
147 Posts
That is quite awesome! But *sniff, it makes me miss my lighting guy...I left him in LA and now my poor haunts have only my feeble skills and equipment.

More than anything, this video REALLY showcases what a difference your lighting can make. He uses fades to devasting effect and creates a real sense of movement, just by lighting. These are 2 of the things i see missing most from home haunts -- good lighting and a sense of movement.

·
Registered
29 Posts
WOW - I'm speechless.....as stated, wish the lighting was better for the video. Hubby and I thought it would be cool to try and do the projection onto a "fog" screen, similar to the POTC ride, where Davy Jones is talking, but knew we couldn't even think about it this year. But THIS - as cool as it is, it's just waaaaay over the top for me :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
:eek::eek::eek: holly crap :eek::eek::eek:

i am a big fan of POTC and that display is awsome , the water coming down the roof is AMAZING work ,cannons in the windows too wow ....wouldnt mind being her neibourgh lol ....

only thing missing for me is their is no props ? or did i miss seing them ? i mean no ship wheel with a pirate on it , no skeleton pirates or at least a fake jack sparrow , unless they all dress up at halloween in costumes and have actors that would be good , but lack of people or skelly props for me .....

but that display is awsome , one of the best i seen so far , can only dream right now of doing that someday .

·
Registered
87 Posts
That really is AMAZING!

I sent an email to Total Automation AV (name at end of video) asking for more details. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

Looks like the company is located in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA (south of L.A.)

·
Registered
814 Posts
only thing missing for me is their is no props ? or did i miss seing them ? i mean no ship wheel with a pirate on it , no skeleton pirates or at least a fake jack sparrow , unless they all dress up at halloween in costumes and have actors that would be good , but lack of people or skelly props for me .....

I totally agree....I would have loved to see some props......overall it is very cool...:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome TotalAutomation..

I take it this is the first you've heard of this forum.....

We welcome your creativity...Is that this years set up?

Nookie

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, this was last years setup.

Cool Facts: This show had a custom 6 channel surround sound mix made for it. Speakers and lighting were placed on homes across the street. It was a pretty cool effect having the cannon fire go over the street.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts