Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He wants to do an old fashioned Mobsters Party has anyone done this them before if so I need all the ideas I can get on this one I have never been a big fan of the Mobster Movies and such like he has but this is the first yr he has asked for a specific theme and I want it to be great for him So any ideas are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
994 Posts
A party or haunt?

I ALMOST did this theme last year for a party, but changed it before I really got started. I can happily share my ideas though.

One project I did do was make money bags. My house was going to be converted into a speakeasy (which I hope many know what that is... I had several people never hear of it before) and one room was dedicated to the 'loot' collected. I cut out a money symbol ($) template in cardboard, bought a bunch of the cheap $1 white pillow cases from ... wherever, and spray painted the symbol green. Stuffed with newspaper and tied with rope. That's as far as I got, but, I was going to throw fake money all over the room and the bags.

Another room - the living room in which most people would congregate throughout the night - was going to have cardboard cutouts or something similar, of the old time swing/jazz band that play their instruments behind the little podiums -- similar to this pic, but done up a little snazzier.

The house, for the most part, was going to be done up with lots of black and white, art deco stuff. Table cloths, things like that. Think 20's and 30's.

My wife was going to be a flapper and I, of course, a mobster complete with bullet holes and a tommy gun.

I thought about doing one room up like a crime scene. Diner-style. Table with blood on it, white chalk outlines on the floor.

Ummm... I can't really remember all my ideas since we ended up not doing it...

Oh... I remember one. Guests enter the front door into a foyer that turns into the living room. I was going to have the front walkway look like an alley way - garbage cans, rats, etc. And I was going to make a faux door. One that I could cut out a small slit in the middle of and make into a backalley secret entrance sort of thing (since that's what speakeasy's were). It included a faux brick wall with graffiti.

If I think of anything else I'll chime in.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys these are great ideas and I love the costumes I have found A black 20's Flapper Fringe Dress on ebay and it is for our party we were going to do a haunt again this yr but due to some family issues it has been reduced to a party. Thing is we live in a single wide mobile home so the party is normally held in our backyard we have an above ground pool we have to work into this somehow. I love the idea of the loot bags . So if you can think of ideas for an out door mob party it would be awesome thanks soo much Happy Haunting

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Oh this is actually a fantastic theme to do. I went to mobster party two years ago and everyone had a great time. Some ideas for props would be to have murder victems, crime scene tape, chalk outlines, blood and guns.

For the party it's self, you could start off with a murder mystery. There are great stories for this. Just google search around.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am really exited about this myself. I think it will be lots of fun,told a friend about it tonight she said we need to learn the Charleston and she has already started to look for she and her husbands costumes.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will I am a picture freak anyway lol.... I am thinking of doing some type of like ransom note for invites what do you all think any ideas on that one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts