Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
That is unbelievably awesome. The detail is so impressive and can't thank you enough for the photo tutorial.

I have been contemplating making a Knights Templar sarcophagus one year and couldn't help but notice your chain mail. What did you use?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is unbelievably awesome. The detail is so impressive and can't thank you enough for the photo tutorial.

I have been contemplating making a Knights Templar sarcophagus one year and couldn't help but notice your chain mail. What did you use?
I used a outfit like this I found in a resale shop for $5, I was looking for something I can use that would come as close to looking like chainmail, I believe it came out pretty good. I painted it with a few coats of Drylock to give it a good seal. Elan-Womens-Black-Long-sleeve-Knit-Sweater-296827b3-f2f6-41ca-a71b-7a036c70a7be_80.jpeg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow that is awesome! Very impressive!

I would love to see pics of storage options you have there ;)
The obelisk comes apart in 3 section and the Elf Warrior one comes apart in 14 section. The pieces are stored in my crawl space and the Elf statue will get crated up and stored in my garage. I will take a pic of my storage I do now...not liking the set up this year due to the new monument and wasted space. So this winter I am building a system that I can roll in and out to stack pieces and get the most out of my space..especially if I want to build more! :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what is the gray material you are using? did you monster mud this?
the gray you are seeing is the Drylok paint. The clothes and old bed sheet I used to cover him in are all covered in dry wall mud, waited till it dried then coated in 3- 4 coats of Drylok.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I feel bad there isn't some kind of award you could win for this.
You deserve one, what great imagination and work. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts