Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still haven't applied the latex yet, and am working on what to do with my hair, but here is the complete outfit:
I'm quite pleased with the hat, even though I didn't know it was that small when I bought it on Ebay! It's a fascinator, which I wasn't too thrilled about, but it looks a lot better than I imagined.

My fiance had a cape so I've took a pic wearing that, and others without it.
Which looks better? :)
WITH -

WITHOUT -

If I go with, I'm going to have to try tying it around my shoulders/arms, which shouldn't be too much of a problem, but it looks ridiculous around the neck!:p (More pictures are in my '08 Prep album' here

And it does look better with the veil out of my eyes, but I didn't take many pics like that!:p

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'd say go with the cape. You can probably pin it so you can slip your upper arms and shoulders into it. It sets off the white portions of the costume.

Eric
________
XT250

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
My vote is for the cape......you are very fair skinned and having the black up top helps to balance everything out.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Go with the cape it accentuates the outfit which looks very nice the hat is just right wear your hair up exposing the neck just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your input! I do actually prefer it with the cape visually, but not for comfort(it was getting in the way just trying it on!!). Though the thing is.........a friend told me he is wearing a very similar cape!!:eek:
I am planning to take it and wear it, then take it off when I feel more comfortable at the party, just like you would with a jacket! :p I'll make sure I have some pics taken in it too!! ;)

DeathDealer, they MAY have stated the size of the hat, but I was that excited about it, I just went for it:p. I wasn't planing to lose out again, haha!

wear your hair up exposing the neck just my 2 cents
I think someone else on here said that. I am still considering though. I was thinking of trying to put in ringlets to look 19th century-ish, though I'm not 100% on that yet. Any other hair(even make-up{natural-ish for the "good half" of my face}, as I have latex for the mask area) opinions are welcome.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
You look gorgeous!! Definitely go with the cape, it does balance the light/dark elements. Hair up, I think. Can't wait to see pics of the final costume. Excellent work!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts