Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is such a funny story I had to share it....not funny from the loss standpoint but funny to think of zombie bodies popping up in the water and along the shore. And I had no idea you guys in Chicago had such bad weather on Halloween. Must have cancelled anything planned for outdoors. Plan to catch up on people's halloween experiences, photos and videos in the coming weeks so am sure I'll be reading accounts of the weather there.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/07/zombies-in-lake-michigan_n_6124216.html (with video from WGN's news coverage of the recovery effort)

Anyone attend the Zombie Containment Haunted House leading up to Halloween? Sounds like they had a total loss. The video was sad to watch as they raised parts of the containers. Man, divers and hoisting equipment to clear the pier area must be costly as well. The owner seems like a nice guy. Last event I went to on the Pier was a couple of decades ago for Taste of Chicago. Always a fun place to visit and hang out.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,039 Posts
I live just a bit southwest of Chicago, and the winds were absolutely terrible here on Halloween...knowing what the lake is like when it's windy, I can easily see a floating haunted house taking a major hit. The waves get crazy on the lakeshore.

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
NW Chicago checking in. I'd heard the barge was in trouble early on Halloween but the news it did finally sink hadn't reached me. How sad for all the people involved. As frustrated as I was having to pull all my props inside the night before, I can't imagine how I'd feel if I knew the weather was coming and couldn't do more than hope for the best... and then see the worst.

Weather is never on a Chicagoan's side, but the last two years have been just evil. Totally rained out last year, then high winds and freaking SNOW this year. No fair! Harry here is flying as much as I want any of my props to do :D

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts