Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo Ive been busy for quite sometime with these two props ive built. Hopefully I can start decorating my yard tomorrow as I have nothing out because these pillars and my obelisk took me forever because im anal with details. Anyways enjoy the pics!

Obelisk is 5 foot tall pink foam hand carved by me using various techniques and weathered by myself

Pillars are also pink foam, hand carved by me and detail carved by myself, used lots of techniques on these because I wanted it to literally look centuries old and battered. Havent gotten to detail painting these basically making my hand carved cracks pop and stuff but its basically done!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Like I love working with the foam but it is really messy and seems kind of dangerous/toxic becauae I have to wear a mask and glasses. We shall see how it holds up in the florida weather 20141001_191805-picsay.jpg

Reactions: ooojen

·
Registered
268 Posts
The urethane curing process isn't particularly nasty as far as chemical reactions go. You need the eye wear protection because if it gets in your eyes, well, it's not pretty as you can imagine if you've dropped it where it's not supposed to go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tomorrow I should start decorating the yard, ill post pics thanks guys! This year is more advanced I moved to full LED floods 6 foot tall projection screen 3 animatronics and a bunch of little add ons and stuff

·
Registered
454 Posts
looking good mang!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so finally got the stuff out in the yard I promise ill post pics when its fully lit and polished up. Just dont feel like there's enough time in the day x. X
20141016_145520_HDR-picsay.jpg 20141015_200947-picsay.jpg 20141016_145606_HDR-picsay.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts