Halloween Forum banner

Offsite Survey: COVID-19 Impact on 2020 Haunt Season

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Fezzig 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I'm working on a story for AllHallowsGeek.com and I am looking for feedback from owners of professional and home haunts on the impact COVID-19 might have on the 2020 haunt season. I've put together a short survey to collect information about the changes you are making, or not making as a result of COVID-19 and would love to collect some feedback from the haunters in the Halloween Forum community. If interested please visit the following link and share your haunt information. Thanks in advance! AllHallowsGeek.com COVID-19 Haunt Survey

#2 ·
I am not sure that many folks will respond as you're making it mandatory/required that participants must give lots of identifying/personal information. :unsure:

You may want to consider not requiring real names, emails, website/haunt, city/state, etc... and make it optional to provide that information or ask for them to provide if they want to participate in any follow up questions so you get more responses. :)

#3 ·
Thank you for the feedback. I imagine some folks may not want to share this information, but since this is being used for an article I can't really follow up with someone if I don't know their name and email address. The city/state and website questions are related to the haunts themselves to give me an idea of how things may differ regionally. I'll go ahead and make the location optional. The website response was already optional. We'll see if that makes any difference. Thanks again.

#4 · (Edited)
I think Frankie's Girl is correct in that more haunters would participate if certain personal information wasn't required. I for one am extremely private in that I don't divulge any private information, don't do interviews, don't publicize my haunt, and don't seek publicity (limited social media presence). With that said I did complete your survey using my "screen" name in lieu of my real name but all other information was provided. For those that are interested just take a look, the link is provided above. The survey didn't really ask for very much private information (name, email and haunt location).

#6 ·
I appreciate the feedback. Again, this is being used to write an article on the state of haunts due to COVID-19 and I am trying to reach as many haunters as possible and will likely be mentioning and referencing the plans of specific haunts in my piece. If I make email optional and I get information from someone who runs a haunt that I want to elaborate on, or I need more information on, I can't do that if I have no means of getting in touch with them. I clearly state in the opening description of the survey that this is the only reason email is required. I have since updated the first and last name field to just name so that if the person wants to go by Johnny Appleseed or some other alias, by all means, they can. I have also made the location of the haunt optional. So really the only thing I am requiring here is a name, an email address in case I need to follow up with you for more information, and the name of your haunt.

#7 ·
Having written numerous articles, I appreciate your wanting to confirm or gather more information. But I agree, I will not give out that information, again it sounds like a fishing scheme. You can still use anonymous info as background. Give some serious thought about changing it, I doubt many members here will respond.

#8 ·
Because this community seems so wary about providing certain information to allow for follow up I have created an alternate version of this survey specific to Halloween Forum that makes pretty much everything optional. I have updated the original link in the post and I am hopeful that this will encourage more members of this community to provide feedback. That said I do hope that members will consider providing information for me to get in touch as I do plan to highlight certain haunts in the piece and it would be great to be able to provide more on the haunt and what they are doing. I hope that those of you who have raised concerns here in the comments will now consider providing your feedback. Thanks!

#9 ·
Quit giving the poor guy a hard time! He's just trying to write about something we all love. If you're afraid to give out certain info, don't participate. Plus, it's free publicity for you haunt. The whole idea of what we do is as many people as possible to see it. Geez, everyone is always so negative on these things. It was a simple 2 minute thing. And if someone is phishing, there are better and easier ways to ALL of your info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.