Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! So I couldn't help myself I just had to start this thread after the weather we have been experiencing here in New Hampshire over the past week. There has been little to no humidity during the day with a nice breeze and we have had pretty crisp nights for the past week :) The other day I went to a local farm and picked up their famous Apple Cider Donuts :) Several stores around here have their Halloween/Fall merchandise out, the leaves are starting to change AND I've been making hot cider the last several nights :p So what about everyone else? What signs of Fall have you spotted?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Here in Southwest Washington State we've already got leaves turning and starting to drop, been like that for at least a couple of weeks. I think Autumn is in a hurry to get here this year.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My tulip trees are losing some. My dad said its typical though,

not a huge sign, but lately the crows have been vocal and its enough to get me in a fall mood

·
Registered
125 Posts
FatRanza - it's ok for Autumn to be in a hurry to get here; as long as it's not in a hurry to leave. I love the fall weather. It just always seems it's too short. First it's hot , then it's cold. We have a saying in New England (I'm in CT) - If you don't like the weather - wait 5 minutes - it will change.

·
Registered
373 Posts
We have had fall weather for the last few weeks. Kids are going back to school now. First high school football game of the year is in two weeks. All signs fall is on it's way.

·
Registered
191 Posts
College GameDay on the 30th! For my house, that marks the beginning of fall! We celebrate the return of CGD with team hoodies, cinnamon and brown sugar pancakes and putting out the first interior halloween decor!

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
No fall here in Idaho. I guess I brought the hot weather with me when I left Kansas because its been stinkin hot this year where I'm at and unusually cool in Kansas. Go figure.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hotter and stickier today than it has been in weeks. But there are a few things happening that tell me fall is around the corner. Turkeys are wandering around the woods. Leaves starting to fall off the black walnut and black locust trees. Goldenrod is blooming. Sunrise is later, light look different at sunset.Field corn starting to turn. Just little things not everyone notices.

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
FatRanza - it's ok for Autumn to be in a hurry to get here; as long as it's not in a hurry to leave. I love the fall weather. It just always seems it's too short. First it's hot , then it's cold. We have a saying in New England (I'm in CT) - If you don't like the weather - wait 5 minutes - it will change.
We say the same thing in southeastern Virginia. So often we only get a week or two of real autumn weather. I can remember having very cold Halloweens, and very balmy ones as well. Our leaves often don't turn until well into October.

As I had mentioned in another thread, we've had an unusually beautiful summer here this year. Our summer days generally run between 95-100 degrees, with humidity you can practically swim through. This year, however, it's rarely gotten much above 85, with 75-80 being the average, and low humidity, too. Sure, we've had a few scorchers here and there, but not like normal. It's been glorious.

I just wonder what that's going to mean for fall. Will we have a cold one? Will we get more than two weeks of crisp, cool days? Will the leaves begin changing any earlier? Even my parents can't remember ever having a summer so mild, so it's hard to say what kind of autumn we'll get.

A few days ago my husband and I decided to take a drive on the Colonial Parkway to see if anything was changing yet. (Beautiful drive out there, by the way. If any of you guys make a trip out to Williamsburg, I recommend it, any time of year.) We saw a few trees beginning to turn, but I honestly can't say if that's a normal amount or not for this time of year.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ok NOW it is starting to feel like Autumn. Unusally low temps overnight ( high 40's) and dry air ( although we really need rain here. It keeps missing us) Saw one farmer combining corn last night on my way back from some errands. Most of it around here is still too green for that, but it is upon us. Sun rises later and sets earlier ( and FAST)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Only a Yankee would start a thread like this. Our weather won't change for another three weeks or more. 92 here today ! :p:mad:

·
Seer of All
2,937 Posts
We had a beautiful weekend with lows in the 50's and highs in the 60's. The leaves are falling from my pecan trees like rain; of course that's mainly because we've had NO rain in months and everything is just giving up. But the cooler temps have been glorious. It's back in the 80s today but that's still a huge relief for us!

·
Registered
42 Posts
It has been beautiful here in western ky. Lows mid 40's to mid 50's and highs in the low 70's for 2 weeks. The trees are starting to change and i love those crisp autumn mornings. Oh yeah Dunkin Donuts pumpkin spice coffee !!!!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
What signs of fall? Predominantly an aching back from fabricating props! Starting to get that earthy smell in the air that only comes with fall, my favourite season.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am kidding of course send some of that cool weather this way.....:rolleyes:
If you send me some rain..no hurricanes though...It has been bone dry around here. 20 mins away theynhad three inches rain last week. We barely got enough to settle dust..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts