Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official Halloween 2011 @ Target - With Pictures ~ UPDATE page 4 + 5!!

I just came back from my local Target, and I saw some merchandise being
set up in the Dollar Spot ( located at the front by the check-lanes )
Glowsticks, trick-or-treat favors and some Pumpkin Can Coozies
( foam can covers to keep your drink cold ) and other cool stuff.
I did not have time to take pictures, as I just stopped in to buy
a few groceries. They should start setting up the Halloween Dept.
any time now, and when they do, I will post pictures in this thread,
along with descriptions as well :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hit my local Target today - they had a big banner ("Be the good house this year") over three aisles of candy, but nothing else Halloween. :-(

I'm wondering who buys candy for trick-or-treaters this early. I would think it would be stale after two months. Unless people are buying those bags of candy for themselves and NOT for trick-or-treating... 8-0

Is it me, or are the decorations in store coming late this year for everyone?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Hit my local Target today - they had a big banner ("Be the good house this year") over three aisles of candy, but nothing else Halloween. :-(

I'm wondering who buys candy for trick-or-treaters this early. I would think it would be stale after two months. Unless people are buying those bags of candy for themselves and NOT for trick-or-treating... 8-0

Yes! I totally agree with you! I have looked in several of our local stores target Walmart Kmart Party city and NOTHING!!!! YET??? I don't know what's going on this year because last year these stores were ready by the end of August!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes! I totally agree with you! I have looked in several of our local stores target Walmart Kmart Party city and NOTHING!!!! YET??? I don't know what's going on this year because last year these stores were ready by the end of August!
My neighborhood KMart currently has more Christmas decorations than Halloween decorations, which always bums me out (not that I'm in love with KMart Halloween decorations, but it's the principle, lol...). However, my estimation is that their customer base is predominantly recent immigrants, who aren't necessarily the biggest market for Halloween items...

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
I noticed halloween socks in our Dollar section at target and a few baby cloths but that's it.

DjIronic,
I usally start buying the candy now. I'll look at the experation date on the bag. The candy goes straight to the fridge when I get home from the store. I make all of the treat bags the night before halloween so the candy has time to chill and stay fresh.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My Dollar Tree has more stuff than any store by me and I have a lot in a 2 mile road - Target, Walmart, Kmart, etc.
I went to Target the other day and they had a few things in the dollar spot (wire/tinsel pumpkin, candy corn dishes, buckets) and some kid's shirts. That's it. Ugh! Come on already. lol
But all the back to school stuff was heavily clearanced and was being moved so hopefully any day now they'll begin stocking. I love Target!

·
Registered
436 Posts
It seems like the stores in my area are putting out Halloween stuff earlier this year than last year. Most stores didn't have anything out until late Sept. last year. The target in my area is starting to put out some stuff. They had the "Be the Good House this Year" stuff up last week and a few pumpkins and such on the shelves. Wal mart doesn't have anything yet. Lowe's, Michael's The Dollar Store, Big Lots and Marshall's all have most of their stuff out already. I buy my candy this early, look at th expiration date, it is probably much longer than you would think. I buy my candy at Sam's club. I get the full size candy bars. I'm the good house every year!!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
@DjIronic, I couldn't agree with you more! I got the All Hollows Eve fever pretty early this year too (Mid-Aug.). Last week I got the urge and started looking up local stores like Target, Wal-Mart ect. I even CALLED K-mart and asked! Lol. All are not fully stocked just yet. Party Fair was pretty decent! Seems like it's taking a lil longer or it could just be our bottled up excitement. :D.
& @RealJoker, please keep us posted & thx for upd8!

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Hey Joker, thanks for the update. I can't wait for the photos. I've always been pretty impressed with the branding they put on their Halloween stuff. I'm anxious to get a Target or two up here in Canada.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i was at Target today. they didn't have much either, but they did have a giant black Halloween tree that lit up and had bats i think on it. it was $50.00. and they also had some black light up twig-ish looking pumpkins, some light up orange jack-o-laterns like last year, and some tall skinny jack-o-laterns with a metallic finish in bright colors. there was also a smidge of candy up, but that was it. sorry, i have no pics.

is anyone else not terribly impressed with their theme "Be the good house this year." i think i read somewhere that they were doing some eco friendly/ going green thing. i saw it on an article talking about their Halloween commercial shoot a few weeks ago. i kind of thought the banner looked lame when i saw it today. hopefully the merchandise is neat though.

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
My neighborhood KMart currently has more Christmas decorations than Halloween decorations, which always bums me out (not that I'm in love with KMart Halloween decorations, but it's the principle, lol...). However, my estimation is that their customer base is predominantly recent immigrants, who aren't necessarily the biggest market for Halloween items...
Well that wouldn't explain all the other stores around my area too that have yet to put Halloween out.

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
My Dollar Tree has more stuff than any store by me and I have a lot in a 2 mile road - Target, Walmart, Kmart, etc.
I went to Target the other day and they had a few things in the dollar spot (wire/tinsel pumpkin, candy corn dishes, buckets) and some kid's shirts. That's it. Ugh! Come on already. lol
But all the back to school stuff was heavily clearanced and was being moved so hopefully any day now they'll begin stocking. I love Target!

I heard a story on our local news in the last week or two that Back To School is actually a huge money maker time of the year for most stores. They might have said coming in #2 behind Christmas. I guess that's why they drag it out even though all the kids in my area have been in school for a little while already.

·
Registered
900 Posts
We still haven't hit our Target. We did go to Michaels yesterday and they had some really cool Halloween decor....right next to the Christmas decor :mad: This drives me nuts!! I say, let us Halloween enthusiests have our time....the Christmas people get plenty of time....stop infringing on ours! :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
The last time I went to Target (a week or two ago) the only Halloween things I found that were some vampire stuff in the dollar bins. Granted, I just recently moved and I am not super familiar with this Target, but I think that most of the area where they will put the Halloween stuff was still filled with Back to School stuff.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts

All the candy for the Halloween season has been manufactured for quite a while already. It won't stay any fresher on the store shelves than in your kitchen pantry. A lot of people start buying this early so they can get a little at a time and the budget doesn't take such a hit all at once. For me, buying enough candy for 500+ trick or treaters can be a pretty big expense so I need all the help I can get! :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Target Greatland in Burbank had a couple of Halloween endcaps set up yesterday but their seasonal marketing area was still winding down from Back to School merchandise. You have to consider how stores like this work. If there's only one large seasonal display area, the old stuff has to get cleared out so they can reset for the Halloween planograms. I suppose it depends on your local area, but here in LA, Targets usually get Halloween stuff out in the middle of September. Michael's is always early on everything becuase their customer base is crafters and they always have to start their projects before the season begins.

·
Wild Fandango
1,494 Posts
Well the main reason to hold off on candy would be to wait for a Buy One Get One or at least 2/$5 (for giant bags of chocolate candy). Remember, most of the good sales won't be until October!! Save money so you can buy or build more props!

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No problem :)
I'm heading to Target probably tomorrow just to check.
If I see any Halloween merchandise in stock, I will take photos
and post them in this thread ASAP.
They should have most stuff out by the 10th of Sept. (hopefully)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Picked up an awesome resin gargoyle for $20 at Target today. They didn't have everything out yet, probably about 30%.
Can you post a pic of the gargoyle? I bought a pair of them at Target 5 years ago, but since then have not seen any nice ones. I'll have to stop at our Target this week and see what they have. Seems they have been lacking the past few years.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts