Halloween Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts
I too spent WAY too much on Halloween...my costume and "prop" knife, plus make-up = $50....Halloween Party (food, candy, prizes, and DJ = $120....more Halloween Candy for the TOTs...$8 (under bought, only had a few TOTs)...for me, yeah...it's alot. I don't make alot of $$$$, and I do have alot of bills...but all in all, it was a pretty good month of Halloween!!

We were at the local Spirit store when it opened. It was less crowded than I expected. Got out of there for about $200.

Ten sections of plastic "wood" fence
Two flame cauldron lights
Two 48" black lights
Two Don Post arms
One crawling girl prop
One kicking legs prop
One hanging head in a sack
One animated container of floating eyeballs

My wife and I split up and hit Party City, Target, Michael's and Halloween Express. They pretty much all stunk. We got a few busts but that was pretty much it. Target had a few giant gargoyles for 50% off but they were still $50 each so we passed. They were pretty impressive however.

I think I spent about $1,500 on Halloween this year (before today) so it's probably a good thing we didn't find too much!

I had only intended one purchase - I wanted a bigger fogger.
Found a 1000w at Party City for 29.99, bought it, brought it home, opened the box, and it was some cheesy 400w "ground fogger" in the box...w/ 1000w directions left in the box!!

So, took it back, and they had none left.
Refunded my money, but I will go through this after-Halloween season without any purchases now.

Ah well.
There's always post-Christmas for lighting, power cords, and motorized items.

Well I promised hubby I would behave this year guys after all the money I spent all year long at Lowe's for building stuff......but I had to go to Walmart today & I did it!!! I went thru that left over Halloween aisle & lost my mind & bought about 75.00 worth of stuff.

Small tombstones, 7 masks, a spider with a skull head that lights up, a skeleton that goes in the cemetery with his hands & head & feet go on top of the grave, wigs for my witches, some spiders, 3 paks of that styrofoam chain, some strobes & lights for inside the pumpkins, one of those candy bowls with the grabbing skeleton hand,a big skeleton candy dish, and some small things for my props......aaahhhh it felt so good!!! But then I went to Big Lots, actually I went for xmas stuff to make my candy baskets for these upcoming craft shows.....I bought 6 of those little statues of the spooky family, one of those pictures where the faces become distorted and a few other things.

I better stay out of those big stores that had hords of halloween stuff down there in Concord!!hehehhehehe

the Muffster

I got the Gothic Farmer and his gothic wife from Spirit yesterday for 1/2 off. The manager at this store is such an ass though that I hated to buy anything because it pads his bonus check.

I bought a bunch of little stuff.

3 tombstones
2 lighted pumpkins
400 watt fogger
fogger timer
3 CD's
a pair of severed arms
Kmart (Dr. Morbius) skull
one of those cheesy floating eyeball props
2 strings of 10 flicker candle type lights (for making some PVC candles) :D
a few misc. inside decorations from Target.

Got purple rope light the Gemmy Light & Sound Box for 50% off at Jewel (grocery). Hit Micheals for some fall garland which was clearanced, and ended up getting the cool metal wire & skull wall decoration and a resin tombstone as well. Had to turn away from the Spooky Town, already have to downsize what I have! Stopped at K-Mart, they had everything 50% off, got the skull candy bowl that the goofy skelly hand comes out the top that the girls wanted.

The day after Halloween, bought...zero. Prior commitments meant there was no way we would be going shopping...but we DID head out Sunday, hitting Target, Spirit, Party City and Michael's:

Target -- walked out with $100 worth of baby stuff, but nothing Halloween. Wait, I take that back, we did get another storage tote. Otherwise, while there was still Halloween stuff on the shelves, nothing I couldn't live without.

Spirit -- 2 bags of bones, $7.50 each. Also heard rumors of a year-round Spirit store at Potomac Mills mall, need to take a field trip up there to confirm it...

Party City -- lots of foggers, lots of strobes, lots of cheap stuff, all of which stayed there.

Michael's -- ours has gone through a remodeling, and I guess they took the opportunity with that to put away ALL of the Halloween items. Like the "new" store -- but the only thing we bought were some supplies for Christmas presents.

Walgreen is 75% off
I got several things there today
inflatable pumpkin with scare crow 3.74
2 mickey mouse pumpkins-3.24 each
2 pooh pumpkins 3.24 each
hanging zombie thingy 2.49
4 lighted pumpkins 1.99 ech
lighted skull 1.99
2- 24 inch tombstones 1.25 each
tombstone with hands -4.99
creature with schackles 4.99

Sounds like I might need to check out Walgreens. I spent just over $100 on Sunday. I spent the majority at Target on small goodies to do grab bags next year, a shadow caster, and a tombstone chocolate mold. A few other small goodies at Walmart. And I had store credit to a local party store so I got two 50ft. scene setters for only $6 out of pocket.

There wasn't much in my town. Wal-mart had nothing. Michaels had nothing before halloween and K-mart was dwindling down pretty good. However, I did pick up some new scene setters, 2 lighted skulls six bags of webbing and 1 more gargoyle with led eyes ($83.00 together). Not too bad....

Decent buys

I have a friend who works at wal mart and he calls and says we have some loose junk left.So I go over and find the long big link rusted chains for 50 cents a piece usually 5 dollars and 24 inch ground breakers with led eyes for 3.50 a piece and some webbinb and some masks for 50 cents a piece.Kmart had fog machines the 400 watt for 9.99 and 1/2 gallon fog juice for 2 bucks.Nothing else to mention really.Halloween as usual are out of there minds.

I just got back from a couple of Target stores, Party City, and a pair of Walgreens stores. Party City still has nothing less than 30% off--same as it was before Halloween and it looks like none of it is moving. I bet I can wait longer than they can! One Walgreens had some stuff at 50% off and other stuff at 75%off; the other store had everything at 75% off but they were packing it up even as I shopped. I picked up a friendly looking blow mold JoL for the kiddie friendly pumpkin patch my wife is forcing me to build for $2.50. I didn't buy anything at the SuperTarget because it was only 50% off and there wasn't anything I needed badly that I felt like repairing for only 1/2 off. I picked up 6 small size gargoyles at the opther Target for $15 total--got 4 in the same style as the large pair I got on 11/1 and snagged another pair in a different style. Now i just have to get them in storage before I pick my wife up from work :)

Went to Wally World nothing there I couldn't live without. Target I picked up one of the obelisk and celtic cross tombstones 50% off. At Walgreens I picked up bags of candy for $1 so I'm set for the kids Xmas stockings.

I scored at Walgreens at lunchtime!!
4- 3x4 LED colored flicker candles Reg-5.99 Paid .50 each
2- 70 count yellow and orange light set Reg-5.00 Paid .50 each
3- 44 in skull on spear stakes Reg-7.99 Paid .50 each
2-15 foot rope lights, green and orange Reg-10.00 Paid 1.00 each
1- Dead Donna window leacher Reg-7.99 Paid .50
$7.00 plus tax with a total savings of $78.90!!
:D

Our Walgreens is still 50% off, but I didn't want to miss out on some things, so I bought 2 leechers and 2 dropping heads, the ghostly gal and skull. We got lucky at Big Lots - they had some stock that was never put out in the store! We got a Gemmy 5 ft. wide-mouthed figure, never out of the box and a skeletal doctor for half price. They have alot of bluckys, bride and groom vampires, bats, lots of things that I'm waiting to see if it goes to 75% off. At Michaels in the Fall decorations section there was a hollow book at 70% off that I plan on using for a pop-up prop next year.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.