Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! I just got back from Walmart and Canadian Tire........from Walmart and I fingured I'd start a thread asking everyone how their Halloween hangover is going? As for me I took a nice one hour walk to take in the haunts (some people already took their deocrations down!!) around my area and snap some more pictures....and than it dawned on me I need to hurry up and get to the stores and shop for next Halloween!!...Walmart was PACKED.....parents asking their children what costumes they want, the people such as myself after a few more decorations for future yard haunts and so forth.

My first stop was Walmart....I was after ONE thing the Jason Voorhies Costume (it comes with the mask and a nice black number 13 Voorhies jersey) it was marked down by 50% so I just had to find it...after shuffling and shuffling through various costumes I finally found it and snatched it up right away and it only cost me something like $14..not a bad deal at all.

Canadian Tire is a Home Depot type store (but it caters to the car crowd more so) and I picked up these glowing EYE stakes for 6 dollars I mean wow you can't go wrong there....and they are from Gemmy so I trust the product will last me for many Halloweens.

I plan on visiting the malls later on and finding some "other" nice deals on Halloween items.

Well it's sad we have seen the hype built up around the month of October leading up to the big day and now it has come and gone....this Halloween though was the most fun I've had since I was a kid....even though we didn't get MANY trick or treaters I definately receive kudos on my haunt....we hit up a club for a nice Halloween party....and a house party acting as a backdrop for the afterparty....all in all it was good fun...and the big thing was LOTS of folks around my area went ALL OUT with their yard haunts and creativity was the name of the game for us folks around here..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Went to Party City today right when they open at 8:30am and I immediately found the manager and asked, "OKAY, WHAT SALE DO WE HAVE TODAY" and he replies, "the sale was yesterday." ARGH! I thought I was too late, but I went out of there spending $155. There were still a great deal of items, here's to name a few

Set of 10 flicker lights $7.49
50 ft Scene Setters $9.99
Small version of the Monstrous Spider w/light up eyes $19.99 ($5.00 off for 2 of its eyes are cracked but I believe still light up)
Moss for $1.49
Battery opperated LED lantern for $7.49
1000W LOW LYING FOG $24.99
1 gal fog juice $7.49

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Bought a bubble fogger ($20 at Walmart) and 2 packs of play dough. We have too much stuff now, but I HAD to have the bubble fogger after seeing my son's reaction to it at Spirit.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Lucky the Party City had anything on November 1! In years past, they spend Halloween night putting it all away. Stinkers! (only to pull it out as clearance in June or July!)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I hit 3 stores this morning. As I do every year spent way over what I said I would spend. My haul is as follows:
*Walmart:
10 boxes purple & orange light string-$1.00/box
1 skull bowl on metal stand - $6.00
10/pcs. sm. gothic fence - $2.50
3 hairy spiders _ $3.50 ea.
12 black roses - >50 ea.
*Target:
5 foggers $10.00
1 welcome archway - $20.00
1 welcome lamp post $20.00
*Big money was left at the Spirt store:
2 red demons, 1 Hanniable, Zombie couple, 2 wooden swords, several spider web packs.
I did purchase more than whats listed. I'll take some photos of my haul and post it if you all would like.
I did my part to infuse money back in the market. I think I'll try that logic of the wife before she sees the credit card statement.:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
I hit 3 stores this morning. As I do every year spent way over what I said I would spend. My haul is as follows:
*Walmart:
10 boxes purple & orange light string-$1.00/box
1 skull bowl on metal stand - $6.00
10/pcs. sm. gothic fence - $2.50
3 hairy spiders _ $3.50 ea.
12 black roses - >50 ea.
*Target:
5 foggers $10.00
1 welcome archway - $20.00
1 welcome lamp post $20.00
*Big money was left at the Spirt store:
2 red demons, 1 Hanniable, Zombie couple, 2 wooden swords, several spider web packs.
I did purchase more than whats listed. I'll take some photos of my haul and post it if you all would like.
I did my part to infuse money back in the market. I think I'll try that logic of the wife before she sees the credit card statement.:D
Just came back from walmart.. Our walmart was 50% every thing.. The orange and purple lights were not $1.00 unfortunately.

I picked up fog timers for $5.00 each
Halloween candy were 50% off, had to dig in the large pile to find the chocolates.
Also Spooky Sounds CD were $1.50 each and I'm listening to them right now and it's pretty good. About an hour long each.

·
Registered
100 Posts
All we have is Walmart, hit that first thing this morning, Got a skull spider, a skull candy bowl, about 9 skulls, and a Jason hokey mask. Plus blood webbing fog juice, makeup, and a few little things, ended up spending about 60.00, but thats not bad, everything is 50% off, we dont buy during the regular season anymore, just the sale after for next year.
Plus I was hobbling along on my crutches and couldnt really get into it this year, luckily, my wife is really starting to get into it, most of the stuff she picked out.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hit Target K-mart and Michaels today.
Walmart didn't impress me at all this year so I didn't even bother.

Big fat nothing at K-mart but didn't expect to find anything, we just went there for something else and I poked around. %50 off everything.

Michaels - Snagged 3 small pumpkins for 3.something each so they were basicially 3:1. We only found one large pumpkin left and it came out with us also. Same 50% off sale they have had up for the past week or 2 as it is.

Target - Snagged multiple bags of M&M's.... mmmmmmmmmmmm. A couple picture frames and a orange w bats blanket. Bought all that and then realized that I forgot what I went there for and went back in and snagged the last 2 storage totes for 50% off. They didn't have the normal orange lids but the person at the check out didn't bust me when I had snagged 2 of the normal blue lids that fit :)

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
Party City near us had marked some stuff down 30% starting Wed--nothing marked down further and nothing that wasn't already marked down when I went in today.

Walgreens had all halloween stuff 50%. I picked up a 36" tombstone [$5] and my wife got a couple of strings of color changing lights--they have a switch that chances them from orange [Halloween] to multicolored [Xmas]. We had a short sharp conversation about whether these came out of *my* post-holiday shopping budget. She tried to argue that they were Halloween lights; I argues that even if they *are* Halloween lights, I don't need them for my projects.

Target--pretty picked over when I got there. Everything 50%. Picked up a pair of large gargoyles [$5 each] and a grim reaper bust with LED eyes [$15]. almost got the disembodies with head in the crystal ball for $20, but I would have to change my plan for next year drastically.

·
Registered
244 Posts
So far about 140.00
Spirit: rubber 6 foot skeleton 35.00
awesome wolfman mask 35.00
48 inch black light 12.50
rubber hanging bat 7.50
tombstone 10.00

party center:
freddy krueger slasher hand 8.00
wall clings 4.00
tombstone 4.00
gothic chain 4.00
dead matter sountrack 7.00
home haunting how to dvd 9.00

I went to the local Michaels and targets, walmarts and such, not much to speak of. I guess my standards are getting higher lol. Plus I am looking to make more things myself next year anyway. I did like the black wreaths covered in black roses at target but there were plenty of them and they were still 13.00. I will take my chances when they mark stuff down even futher to 75 percent. I can get a couple for the same price. At walmart I just wanted fogg juice. but again lots and lots of it so I think I will be able to get it cheaper. I also wanted the creepy little "owen" doll at spirit, but I figured "ehh".
At spirit people were buying all the big life size props left and right. I spent a hour and some change in there and by the time I left most of them were gone! I did settle for the rubber skeleton. Looks cool and it hangs has well. Its funny cause the only other one in the store was hanging from the ceiling and when I was in line the family behind me had it. Alot of familys were buying the big life size props too which I thought was wierd cause they didn't seem like the serious haunting type with the way they were talking. Maybe its a my house will be the coolest one on the street type of deal.
I am sure I will be spending more even though I said I wouldn't. Ahhh, how can u pass up after halloween sales? It's immoral!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I only got a chance to hit Spirit, I may get to Target on Monday (if they have anything left).

Big buy - the giant red latex demon for $75. I can't wait to add some pneumatics to that baby!!!!
2 5' skeletons, $10 each
What looks to be the kid from the Exorcist, $25
Hanging zombie head, will put a rattle and shake mech in him next year - $12.50
6 handing cauldron lamps, $7.50 each

A pretty good haul. I really wanted to get 6 zombie masks, but those were a no-go.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Picked up:

2- strobe lights $25
5- miscellaneous tubes of makeup, various colors $5
1- set of glue on horns $6
1- Life like kicking legs prop $30
2- Fabulous zombie costumes $14
1- Rubber snake $5
1- pair of demon hand gloves $7

I passed on the "fixed" props and masks this year. I've just got so many already, I can't use what I have. I'm really in an "upgrade" mode, and you just almost have to do that stuff yourself, unless you've got unlimited funds. (which I don't)

·
Registered
351 Posts
My tired body dragged it self to lawtons drug store to buy some baby needs when I found a 75% off sell and got a galvanized bucket with a skelton hand holding the handle and a light up mister inside it got it for $24 .The original price was $88 plus tax.Was happy with this find.I got a lot of stuff for 50% off at sears on monday got a fog machine, a skull mister and a super man custume for my sonWas happy with this.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just got two 400 watt foggers from target for 18 dollars for both of them including 2 pints of fog juice and 2 remotes, and I got a heart that lights up blue then green then red then purple from party city for 3.75 lol I love the bargins you get, the stores have a ton of stuff still so ill be adding new stuff for next year all week.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The *only* thing I really wanted to find today was a decent fogger. No dice. Didn't see any anywhere.
Tested mine on Thursday and it worked fine, Friday - dead. Very annoying.
Oh, well. I should just bite the bullet and buy a quality unit.

Anyone aware of any online sales on foggers??

Also went to Canadian Tire, Walmart, Michael's and Party Packagers.
NOTHING at the first 3... literally nothing but the little bits of garbage that I wouldn't take if it was free.
Party Packagers gleefully informed me that not only would they not take a return on a defective strobe light I bought there (*ssholes), they do *not* mark down. They pack up for next year. Note to self - never shop there again.

Really cashed in at Shoppers Drug Mart. Hit 3 of them. Picked up a bunch of wigs, couple costumes for my nephews, makeup, great severed fingers to make necklaces, heads on sticks, couple black cats, large hanging skulls and some black light bulbs.
Plus, they had a deal on - if you spent $50 you got a $10 gift card for Swiss Chalet... so we got a free lunch too! :)

Also got a bunch of foam heads at Value Village for $2 a piece.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Went to our Halloween store (mostly spirit products) and asked how much their bucky was that was hanging above their mask display. The cashier went to it and climbed up and said 69.99 plus 30% off. I said I'd take it. Paid for it and when she called a guy to get it off the wall he said that the 69.99 was the price of the flesh apron that was hanging on the bucky. Didn't matte the cashier quoted the price and I had already paid for it. Not a huge deal but still $52 for a bucky that tagged 159.99 when store is only 30% off. I think they are about $100 without shipping from anatomical last time I checked. I'll wait another couple days before I go back to see if they drop to 50% then I might pick up a few odds and ends.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts