Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out my office is having a contest on 10/31.

$250 for the best "group"
$100 for the best individual

Since we aren't setting up our house this year, I have EVERYTHING at my disposal. The only caveat is no fire hazards. So, no foggers and no pneumatic props. ;-)

I have a pretty typical "funky office" cubicle. I'm thinking black sheets, lightning fx machines, strobes, halloween music/fx, sonic fogger cauldron, some lights, black lights, spiderwebs, etc. Maybe something motion activated.

I want to keep the supplies simple enough to fit in a box to sneak in to set up after work, so I'm ruling out big props except maybe my Gemmy Monster.

Any ideas? For the group and the cube, of course... I want it all! Any clever "office zombie" costumes?

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
As dark as you can get it. The black sheets would be great. Maybe if possiable could you hang sheets on the outside so no one could see the inside of it? Maybe a tombstone or two on the outside. I think the strobes would look great. For fog you could always retreat to dry ice and store it in a cooler till you need it.

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
Check to see if your office has motion detectors that are on at night, you wouldn't want to block any of the sensors.

One year my unit had an empty cubicle. I glued black streamers to small 3 ft dowels and hung them from the ceiling tiles. Put a stuffed dummy with skelly head and hands in the chair facing the monitor. Attached a fishing line to the chair and ran it to my cubby next door so I could swing the chair around when someone came by. I chained his leg to the chair. Some spider webs and spiders finished it off. We weren't allowed lights or anything electrical. It worked, we won the office contest.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt there are motion detectors, it is a very industrial nouveau trendy setup and access is controlled by keycard on each floor and for each section. Toy industry is cutthroat, ya know?

My wife says I should use tombstones, too. I will probably opt for the simple RIP store bought ones and not my custom made ones for the yard.

Maybe a PIR sensor to activate a light on a skeleton or something? I would LOVE to bring in the air cannon, but that would be overboard. Hmmm...what about an electric leaf blower? HA!

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't get a chance to take a photo and my computer is in the mail getting repaired... so here is an AWESOME MS Paint image of how my cube looks.

It's just a standard cube with a tower on each end. I am the end cube.

I have Bates Motel stuff from last year and I'm thinking about making a motel and a little shower scene inside and dressing up as Mother again... (no money spent...voila!)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Another good idea would be to have tons of spiders crawling around everywhere, then have everything covered in cobwebs. Maybe a skeleton/corpse in the chair looking at a Halloween website (you'd set this up when they come around to look). Some cans with weird names on them for supplies, etc etc.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
do you have gargoyles? how about making the outside cubes like columns with gargoyles on top. a gate across the front from column to column and an arch with cemetary written on it. you can have tombstones, black cats, spiders, skellys, ghosts [a whole setup like a small cemetary] blue lighting, dry ice with a fan blowing it, wind chilling music. looks very promising.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts