Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My schedule is pretty busy, but if anyone is in need of any custom sound effects loops (generally made from scratch using royalty free or open source sounds that can be legally used by you in your haunt), I’d be glad to assist.

I also do custom music, but nothing on the level of something like Midnight Syndicate. I can handle stuff like “can you make me a creepy Mary Had a Little Lamb on a music box” or “I need a creepy organ playing a Christmas tune”.

Glad to help if my schedule allows. I’ll give priority to commercial haunts (for resume building) for small tasks, and am open to taking on paid gigs for larger ones.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That is so awesome of you to offer your skills. I think I may have found a way to create some sound effects for my yard this year. Not sure yet if it will work or not yet. I will keep your offer in mind if it does not. If I don't have sound this year it won't be the end of the world. But I will definitely be wanting sound next year and so far I am not finding the sounds on ambient mixer that I would like and I do not know where else to look for different sound effects. I hope to build a haunted playground next year so I would want a squeaky swing and merry go round and soft ghostly sounds of children giggling and singing a haunting playground rhyme. Not quite sure yet what other ambient sounds I would like to really add to the effect. Once I have all the sounds figured out I will check back in with you and see if you can help me for next year. Again thank-you for offering your skills.

@Myra Mains Haunters, this member might be able to create the sound/s you are looking for that you can copy onto a CD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you run Mac, you have a library of sound effects available with GarageBand. It's a super easy tool to use to do stuff like this (and it's free, which makes it even better.) iMovie also has some. I do a lot of video work, so I have Final Cut Pro X as well, and it has plenty of its own. While you can't sell the individual sound effects, you can use them in works you create and publish.

There are also a number of free sound sites where users contribute sounds they record. Most are "free to use" though some might come with restrictions. https://freesound.org is one I have used in the past. Often, the recordings are fairly poor, but there's some good stuff there.

If there's interest, I'll start a topic and just cover how I throw these things together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts