Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have had a lot of people asking me if I would consider selling my Spell book and I have come up with an Idea. I can make these spell books now that I have built a few. So If anyone would be interested in having one made I will make them for you. I will even build them to meet your needs as for designs or things that go on it.

If interested go to my site for info.. Click here > I want a Spell Book

·
Registered
284 Posts
Very cool project. The moving eye really makes it. :)

And I must say I admire your approach to this, offering to build one for a price while still offering up a nice how-to if folks wish to take it on themselves.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
725 Posts
And I must say I admire your approach to this, offering to build one for a price while still offering up a nice how-to if folks wish to take it on themselves.
I couldn't agree more! The open source approach as I would call it. Very neat book. I would say that this would be a real good fit next to one of those haunted book shelves.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah well, I am a sharing kinda guy and I love it here. I know there are a lot of people who are very good at making things and could do this project with ease. But I also know there are people out there that arnt as gifted and or would like to have one but don't have the time or would rather just buy one. SO....
here are the options.
I like making these books and now that I have a few under my belt it is much easier and fewer mistakes and I know easier ways of doing it. So again if ya want one either build it or buy it LOL...

I will tell you that it was a HUGE hit at my 2008 yard haunt and at times had people lined up to take a look at it... or have it take a look at them :)

Thanks for the support guys!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Kammo , that is defenatly one of my favorite prop that i seen , awsome design , you have put alot of work into it .

the eye movement is incredible !!!! great job.

i have a question , can the same eye movement be done with a sensor or a continous movements ? what i am asking is movement like this without the remote ?

thank for sharing the how too and for offering some for sale , i am putting this on my 2009 wish list

·
Registered
284 Posts
hey witch, it should be easy enough to do with a prop controller routine. Program a Prop-1 or something similar with either a routine to in on its own either continuously or at programmed intervals. Or it could easily be programmer to respond to a trigger of some sort (PIR, pressure mat, Pong if you're so incilned)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thank you witch... and yes, as wandererrob said you can hook it up how ever you like to do what you want instead of a remote. I'm am not great with all these electronic setups but I am good with remote stuff so I don't know what you would do to make it work any other way. But I know you can. I'm sure there are guys here who could tell you how to do it though... I still haven't figures out how to make my sound, fog and prop go off all at the same time...LOL so just ask and I'm sure someone here can tell ya..

And yes wish list is good.. :) remember I can make it whatever dimensions you want. Size, color, things that go on it, words... whatever.. so figure out what you want and draw it out..

I really just want to see the attention people get with this book because I had people coming back and bringing friends to see mine.. Big hit!

I personal like the remote because its more interactive. Somebody comes up to see it and the eye opens and looks right at them, then follows them... PRICELESS!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Oh wow! that is a wonderful prop! That moving eye is incredible...you sure put loads of details into it....i just love it! :) many thanks for sharing!:)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I got my first order. Its for a 9 year old boy LOL... So I'm trying to make sure this is top of the line!
Coming along nicely so far...
Ill post pictures of it as soon as its done...

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Kammo - great job! And as everyone said thanks for the 2 options.... The moving eye is very cool and reminds me of a movie I once saw where they had to stab the eye out.....do you remember that? Was it your inspiration?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HEHE pandora no I don't remember that move.. I got the idea from Hocus Pocus.
Well like I said I figured there were people that arnt as good with making stuff like this so I offer to make one for them if they need. And to tell you the truth I'm very behind on most of my bills since we adopted a family members 2 kids (4 & 5)(boy & Girl) to add on to my 2 kids. My cousin wasn't able to take care of them and we at the time were. So I am hoping to get a few orders for these books to help me out with the bills... So cross your fingers for me! Doing everything I can.

Also if there is any other props that I build that anyone would like to buy I have no problem remaking them for you and a price..

Just thought I would throw that in there..

Thanks again guys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts