Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a haunt with an old time Saloon room in it.

There will be a haunted piano which will have a skeleton playing it. Actually just sitting at it while the keys play themselves.

I am trying to help him with appropriate music for the piano.

We will have a speaker in the piano playing the tunes.

I need some "honky-tonk" saloon type piano songs. Kind of rag-time, but I really need it to be played on a piano that is slightly out of tune, giving it that un-cared for barroom sound.

I can find plenty of music that would be right, if it had that sound. Maybe there is some software out there that can create off key harmonics that might do the trick if I processed the song.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Perfect! I just did that, then I converted it to a mono track.

Worked perfect!!

Thank you.

·
Bog Body
1,473 Posts
oooo oo can you post it? i'd like to hear it. have no use for it, but would like to hear it anyway =)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure, Here's the file.

OffKeyPiano.mp3

I will be making several more. I actually got the audio for this one off youtube. I have several other ragtime "HonkyTonk" tunes that I will do the same thing with for variety.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I didn't save the original untouched version, and couldn't find it on youtube again.

But It can easily be done with any tune. For my purposes, I wanted just piano and something that might be played in an old saloon. That tune fit the bill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts