Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met a man who is very proud of his Son, marvels at his son's accomplishment of becoming a Mortician, something his son seemed drawn to do , had a fascination for it all, no matter how gory, gruesome the rest of us might find it.
"Nothing" along these lines has had any detrimental effect on the "Son"........The Son and his Wife were in the habit of taking nightly walks through a Graveyard, the Father told me.
But not anymore.
They live very close to the graveyard, it is a pretty, lonely, place with no neighbors to it on three sides, just woods, creek, cliffs, farmland.
On their graveyard walks they began seeing "Blue Lights" in the graveyard.. then they began seeing "Black shadows" of various shapes and sizes moving quickly through the grave markers.
That was "IT" for them!

... I have always thought the least haunted place would probably be a graveyard. They were already dead, died someplace else before they were brought there, unless they had been buried alive, of course.
Maybe the Mortician/Son had some feelings, fears and this was just a safe place to put them rather than admitting the fears came from and belonged somewhere else?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the mistaken date I put with that post, there is a reason for it though,, kind of. My Mother just returned from living down South with my sister for the last few months. she missed my Aunt's funeral, my other Aunt broke her hip recently (everybody is elderly!)
My Mother is trying to remind everyone to send my Aunt (with the broken hip) a Birthday card.. to cheer her up.. her Birthday will be June 10th
June 10th was imprinted on my brain as I try to not forget to send that card.
I have scarcely known what day or month it is anytime since I got out of Grade School when we had to write the date and day of the week on the papers we handed in.
I have always had jobs that took too many hours of my life to get done with meager pay to show for it. I have been much happier these last 27 years even though I work very long hours here on the house, in the house and yard. Over 5,000 sq.Ft.of structure to maintain in a yard measuring 125 ft. by 75Ft.?
Then there is 3 hours min. of mowing the grass 4 blocks away at my Dad's old garage I was given.
I would rather almost always have too much to do than too little or nothing at all.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember! I mailed the Birthday card today! Jim Won! encroaching senility lost! (This time)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts