Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone set up a daily or weekly schedule of movies and Halloween specials to watch during October? I make up one just for fun, but always fall well short of sticking to it. There are definitely a few traditional ones to watch. If anyone wants to post their own schedule that would be cool to see.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I am just happy that there are a few Vincent Price marathons on TCM this year. And one specifically on Halloween night, I love when they run his movies Halloween night. Since I watch them anyway but it's always much more fun when they are on tv.

In October nearly all his good movies will be on, dvr'ing each one!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know the 31 days of halloween starts in 7 Days because syfy just told me so :D but I've never made a schedule and that seems kind of fun. Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Without satellite I just watch things that are streaming, so I do choose what is in my lineup. But there is something special about watching something on tv and knowing others are too, like It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Even though I have it on DVD I insist on watching it when it airs locally, and my family just doesn't get that!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know, I'm the same way with some shows or movies when they air. I think it's nostalgia to some degree, catching it "in the moment." I'll always remember one Halloween coming in for the night and watching PHANTASM on TV and being blown away by it. I had a chance to relate my story to Reggie Bannister one year at the Horrorfind VIP party. It was really cool hanging out with him and having a few drinks, and talking about the movie to the guy who starred in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It doesn't feel like Halloween without The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes, generally the ones from the 90's, but even though I dont follow the show anymore I still find myself tuning in to the new Halloween special :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
So far, no plans to watch specific movies but I think that's a good idea -- if I can actually watch with my eyes and ears open! I did tell my best friend that I'd watch 2 scary movies at the theater with her... I hope she has mercy on me and doesn't pick really scary ones! :/

We are planning to go to at least 4 different haunted houses! It could be done on 3 different girl's night out events - I can't wait. We're supposed to go to the first one this weekend! I also heard that Great America has cool haunted events... we might try that too!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well, we got rid of our cable...So, I wont be watch much that way unless I'm am at someones house. We stream alot from Netflix. I also have a ton of Halloween specials and movies on DVD and Bluray. I love Halloween documentries too! I have recently downloaded some for me to watch this weekend. But, the usuals are Hocus Pocus, Trick or Treat, Halloween, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, and I have alot of Halloween episodes from shows that I watched as a kid...like Home Improvement, Step by Step, and Boy Meets World...ahhh the good old days.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This Sunday Ill be watching the Travel Channel Halloween marathon from 4 pm - 12 am. So far, since the weather has cooled Ive watched Wold War Z, Night of the Living Dead (1990), Psycho 2, and Rosemarys Baby. If I get a few moments Ill jot down a list for the month and try to stick to it. I just received the new Dean Cundy approved transfer of Halloween and Prince of Darkness on Bluray. Shaping up to be a good weekend :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like to throw out my list of Halloween specials here now and then. It's pretty extensive. ;) Some of these are really well done, and Travel at least is adding one or two more haunted attraction-type documentaries. I haven't recorded many from Food Network, but the Emeril ones he did a few years back were pretty cool. I also included the Halloweentown series.

1. Halloween Madness
2. Emeril’s Haunted Holiday
3. Emeril Kicks Up Halloween
4. Halloween Treats Top 5
5. Halloween Town
6. Halloween Town #2: Kalabar’s Revenge
7. Halloween Town High
8. Return to Halloween Town High
9. Disney’s Halloween Treat
10. HGTV Halloween Block Party
11. HGTV Halloween Block Party 2010
12. HGTV Halloween Block Party 2011
13. Halloween Unmasked
14. Halloween Crazy
15. Halloween Crazier
16. Top Halloween Screams – Travel Channel
17. Kid in a Candy Store – Tricked Out Treats
18. Martha Stewart -- Tricking and Treating
19. Martha Stewart Haunted House
20. What’s With That Really Haunted Halloween House?
21. Halloween Fright House Secrets Revealed
22. The Real Story of Halloween
23. Haunted History of Halloween
24. Halloween Most Extreme
25. America’s Scariest Halloween Attractions #1, #2, #3
26. That’s Clever Halloween
27. America Haunts -- #1, #2, #3, #4
28. Halloween Technology – Modern Marvels
29. Andrew Zimmern Halloween Party
30. Halloween Tricked Out
31. Unwrapped: Halloween Sweets
32. Giada – Haunted House
33. Giada – Sweets and Treats
34. Music Choice Sounds of the Season Halloween -- a few DVDs worth

·
Registered
139 Posts
I should get a list together. Since I haven't taken vacation yet this year, I'm off Halloween week.

I plan to eat candy corn, watch scary movies and carve pumpkins in my scary PJ's.

Hopefully there will be some good stuff on that week. Unfortunatly I downgraded my cable and with the "Comcast Ecomony Plan", I don't get the family channel so no "13 nights of Halloween" for me. :(

I don't understand it. I get SyFy, TMC and Lifetime but not the Family Channel or MTV, VH1, etc. Friggin stupid cable company!!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I like to throw out my list of Halloween specials here now and then. It's pretty extensive. ;) Some of these are really well done, and Travel at least is adding one or two more haunted attraction-type documentaries. I haven't recorded many from Food Network, but the Emeril ones he did a few years back were pretty cool. I also included the Halloweentown series.

1. Halloween Madness
2. Emeril’s Haunted Holiday
3. Emeril Kicks Up Halloween
4. Halloween Treats Top 5
5. Halloween Town
6. Halloween Town #2: Kalabar’s Revenge
7. Halloween Town High
8. Return to Halloween Town High
9. Disney’s Halloween Treat
10. HGTV Halloween Block Party
11. HGTV Halloween Block Party 2010
12. HGTV Halloween Block Party 2011
13. Halloween Unmasked
14. Halloween Crazy
15. Halloween Crazier
16. Top Halloween Screams – Travel Channel
17. Kid in a Candy Store – Tricked Out Treats
18. Martha Stewart -- Tricking and Treating
19. Martha Stewart Haunted House
20. What’s With That Really Haunted Halloween House?
21. Halloween Fright House Secrets Revealed
22. The Real Story of Halloween
23. Haunted History of Halloween
24. Halloween Most Extreme
25. America’s Scariest Halloween Attractions #1, #2, #3
26. That’s Clever Halloween
27. America Haunts -- #1, #2, #3, #4
28. Halloween Technology – Modern Marvels
29. Andrew Zimmern Halloween Party
30. Halloween Tricked Out
31. Unwrapped: Halloween Sweets
32. Giada – Haunted House
33. Giada – Sweets and Treats
34. Music Choice Sounds of the Season Halloween -- a few DVDs worth
Great list!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Okay, here's some of my October must-see flicks.

The Wolf Man (1940 with Lon Chaney Jr. as the one and only Larry Talbot)
Halloween (the original John Carpenter version, not Rob Zombie's wanna be)
Elvira, Mistress of the Dark
Creepshow
The Shrimpenstein Show (these are some old apparent kinoscopes of a kid's show that caught fire with adults as well from the late 60s)
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
Scary Godmother
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4, the Dream Master (I did a story on one of the stars for a newspaper I wrote for back in the late 80s when this come out, no it holds a lot of nostalgia. Besides, Freddy is really cool in this one!)
Freddy Versus Jason
Elvira's Movie Macabre presents Night of the Living Dead
Halloweentown
Practical Magic
Cloverfield
and my all time favorite Halloween flick...
The Midnight Hour.

Between all this, trying to make a living writing free-lance travel articles and building one kick-*** haunted attraction outside, I think my dance card for October should be pretty much filled. Throw in the drink we created last year during Rose's Haunted Graveyard and thing will be perfect. Oh, the drink is called "A Rose on the Grave" and it's a combination of Hot, spiced Apple cider and Captain Morgan's spiced rum. Damn, that sounds good. I might just put on a movie and mix one now!

F

·
0 Posts
I dont have a schedule. I usually cross my fingers that something good is on tv. I am not tooooo thrilled with AMCs line up this year though :(

·
Registered
148 Posts
So there are must watch movies that I watch and I also like to catch anything else halloween/horror related. My problem, and it's a HUGE problem is that during the week, all the stuff on tv that I want to see comes on so late!! And this whole job and early shift thing just isn't working for me during October. Think my boss will let me temporarily change my shift for the month??:D oh we'll, I don't mind looking like crap going into work because I watched pumpkin head or Friday the 13th or halloween all night!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts