Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an Octo that I am making for a friend.
It was sculpted in WED on a board, it is not a 360 sculpt it is 'flat' on the bottom.
It was molded in ultracal and it will be cast in latex and polyfoam (pics to come later for those)

Here he is in his beginning stage with just some of the basic forms worked out.

stage 1 crop 1.jpg

crop 2.jpg

crop 3.jpg

here is stage 2 with more of the forms and arms worked out...

stage 2 crop 2.jpg

crop 1 stage 2.jpg

And he is done...

crop 1 resize.jpg

crop 2resize.jpg

crop 4resize.jpg

I will post updates on this thread when i get him farther along... :)

hope yall like him, so far.

please let me know what you think. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Fantastic detail, can't wait to see how the whoe project goes. You have amazing talent HallowsKeep!

And for anyone who hasn't already done so, check out Hallow's Keep website...there's some crazy good stuff there.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If this is to be a moving display it would be neat to have the entire head inflate just partially, just like a real one!
I really like this! VERY NICE!!!
I would love to put a bladder in him! that is a fantastic idea! thanks! But this is meant to be a static prop the first one is going on a backpack with other sea life, thinking about putting him on a barrel and i have a few other ideas...but I love your suggestion about having him inflate! :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fantastic detail, can't wait to see how the whoe project goes. You have amazing talent HallowsKeep!

And for anyone who hasn't already done so, check out Hallow's Keep website...there's some crazy good stuff there.
Thank you for the nice words, i'm very happy, it makes me feel nice that people like my work. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wanted to show a little of the progress, so here is the mold just after cleaning...

cropped.jpg

Here is the first raw pull casting (latex with soft polyfoam fill).

crop cast.jpg

I will post more photos as the progress goes along... thanks to everyone for the kind words so far!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
hallowskeepcreations
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing