Halloween Forum banner

Oct. 2015 - Show Your Haunt/Yard Progress Each Week!

15K views 82 replies 35 participants last post by  Frightshow 
#1 ·
For 2015 - Let's show each other how we "trickle" decorations outside over the course of October! Many of us on the forum describe how we build and set up our decorations in anticipation for the big day.

If you're a "Trickler", post your photos as you add new items so we can enjoy what your neighbors experience!

Here's a kickoff:

Home Property Porch House Building

See less See more
#3 ·
Home Lighting Property House Light

Added another Pumpkin and the Underwater Effect light on the porch for where the Mermaid Tank is going to go.​

#5 ·
Most of my cemetery is up except for setting up the music and putting out my full sized props. The progress we have made can be seen here... https://www.facebook.com/resurrectionvale

I still want to spray paint the small columns at the front to match the color of the lions sitting on top of them. I am also working on a last minute headstone.

By the middle of next week I am hoping to have everything I have pulled out sitting in the middle of my garage, put away and the car back where it belongs.

#8 ·
#10 ·
where do you find such cool blow molds?
Thanks! I was lucky about six years ago, I met a fella trying to unload a ton of Union blowmolds after the factory closed. So we bought a lot from him to fill up the yard. Since then I change a lot of them into different things. Like... the griffin pillars were broken blowmolds. The witchy pumpkin post was a candy bucket. The NBC snake is a repainted candy cane.

#11 ·
Love seeing the progress guys especially since I haven't seen much neighborhood decorating going on yet where I live. I started pulling stuff out and checking placement and such but since we don't decorate until Halloween day, it goes back in the garage or wherever until then. Hope the weather continues to stay nice out here and where you guys are. So much nicer to work outside with warm days than cold ones....Reminder to self--get a flu shot this week. Got the flu bad one year after days of working on placements and lighting in the cold. No fun laying in bed with fever and chills while all the little ones are greeting hubby at the door :p.

Hilda your decorations always make me smile. What kind of paint do you use on your blow molds, like for example on the candy cane/snake?

I'm going to enjoy checking in on this Tricklers thread.

#13 ·
We started early this year and have been growing for a few weeks already. We started with the sign... inspired from someone here (dont remember who.)
Skeleton Street art Signage Sign Art

Then we brought out the spiders and played with them in the yard for a bit. Changing positions and scenes.
Lawn Grass Yard Grass family Land lot

The castle facade started to go up.
Property Lawn Grass Yard Residential area

Then the basic layer of cemetery was added.
Wall Grass Cemetery Tree Atmosphere

This past weekend the spiders took their official places, webs started spinning, the plague cart got reassembled and (you can barely see in the pic) the monster plant garden started to bloom.
Architecture House Roof Metal Building
Wheel Tire Grass Lawn Automotive tire

#16 ·
Incredible work everyone! Can't wait to keep seeing the continued progress! Given we only have a single night for the "Big Event", it's nice to have a few weeks in advance to enjoy everyone's progress and amazing effort!

Now get back to work in the yard! :D

#18 ·
With all of the rain here in the Carolinas this October (thanks Hurricane Joaquin!) it's been challenging to put much out in the yard just yet. As you can see from the photos, we don't really have much in the way of "front" yards in our neighborhood, so I have to take advantage of the porch and side areas. Just as I set our first pirate, we had 3 little guys jump off their bikes and storm the porch to investigate. The assured me they'd be back to check on the progress! ;)

#26 ·
Was able to put out more lights, Anchor, Pilings with Rope, Flag, and The Booty Sign - Still have a garage full of stuff to bring out...

(Had to bring the sign itself down off the pole to keep the Jr. High kids from jumping and trying to "slap" it)...:mad:

#27 ·
I don't have my creatures or cemetery set up yet. I also don't have my lighting done, because there's really nothing to light without them! I do have our ghost projection light (Gemmy) running nightly, and it's getting a lot of compliments.

I also picked up a Specter Projector at Goodwill ($12.99), and have a skull projected on one of our upstairs windows, for now. It has a fire and ice light in it, so it actually looks like the skull is moving his mouth, pretty funny. We had cars stopping in front of the house to see it tonight.

I did put out most of my Jack o'lantern collection, and set up a few things other than that. I changed the bulbs in our porch light, to flicker flame bulbs. The regular bulbs were just way too bright last year. I also put up my gargoyle sconces (thanks again to my PIF buddy for the second one!)

I guess that I didn't get a good shot that includes the two hanging ghosts, or the blow mold zombie head and hands in the side yard. I don't have any night photos, either, sorry.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.