Halloween Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
Y'all have done an outstanding job and to see the progress is a true treat!

This weekend I upgraded to Gemmy lighting, finalized the cannon, tested the Mermaid, and have a few other surprises in the garage (15' Kraken Sea Monsters, Pillory, and Jumping Spiders).

With just a week left, this is the most stressful time for everyone - just keep going and remember to have fun!!

Amazing work, everyone! Looks like everyone's haunts are coming together. Frightshow --- wow, superb detail and I love your lighting. Excellent job.

I finally got my cemetery up this weekend --- new fence and all the tombstones were made this year. Also made my first corpsed "greeter" for tots. One more tombstone is coming, to work with my eFirecracker I bought this year. Details coming soon. Only 5 days to go!!
--JaCk
Home Property House Residential area Building

Statue Sculpture Art Tree House

Lighting Light House Night Home

Arrrggghhh.....5 days out and the remnants of Hurricane Patricia are making things pretty wet around here, and really slowing things to a crawl. (I shouldn't complain, though. It could be sooo much worse!)

Anyway, we were able to get the hearse out, and at least get one light on it.

We also managed to get the Piranha Pumpkins a dedicated white light to bring out some of the vine detail, and get the second floor window lit.

Still a somewhat stressful amount left to do, but definitely getting closer! :):

Nature Light Lighting Darkness Tree

Green Light Lighting Darkness Night

Light Lighting Architecture Neon Building

Discussion starter · #65 ·
"Amazing work, everyone! Looks like everyone's haunts are coming together. Frightshow --- wow, superb detail and I love your lighting. Excellent job.

I finally got my cemetery up this weekend --- new fence and all the tombstones were made this year. Also made my first corpsed "greeter" for tots. One more tombstone is coming, to work with my eFirecracker I bought this year. Details coming soon. Only 5 days to go!!
--JaCk"

eFirecracker? Wha?? Please share more!

eFirecracker is an electronic fire cracker that is normally motion censored. You can get them from frightprops.com.

Awesome display's everyone. I am always amazed at the level of detail on this forum--WOW!!!

I got most of the walls up in the back today. Will finish that up tomorrow as long as it doesn't rain as weatherman projects it will. :-( But that's why I took this week off so I should have plenty of time to get it all up.

Grass Property Backyard Lawn Yard
Property Backyard Yard Land lot Grass

Tarpaulin Tent Grass Backyard Camping
Backyard Grass Land lot Wood Fence

First 3 pics are me trying to figure out how I was going to run the walls. Don't have enough panels, knew I wouldn't so I plan on using black plastic to fill the gaps. I have 4 big storage boxes of old plastic from previous years to use.

Discussion starter · #68 ·
Yes, ReelSore described it well -- I push a button on the remote and "BANG!". With the new tombstone I think I have a funny way to generate scares. I'll post about it soon. :)
Sweet! Needs to get me some of that action next year... OK - everyone, now back to work!! ;)

Y'all have done an outstanding job and to see the progress is a true treat!

This weekend I upgraded to Gemmy lighting, finalized the cannon, tested the Mermaid, and have a few other surprises in the garage (15' Kraken Sea Monsters, Pillory, and Jumping Spiders).

With just a week left, this is the most stressful time for everyone - just keep going and remember to have fun!!
Awesome set up. I love pirate themes. Your tavern sign is really nice.

Marie

Still a way to go...5 days and counting...since Thursday here is calling for 30 mph winds the rest of the display won't go up until Friday :(

Hello everybody! 3 days left!!! Yay!!!
Well, I have all things ready of my "Psycho" Haunt yard, only I have to finish a shadow silhouette I have to cut.
I only put my display on Halloween day, so here's my Bates Motel inside home ready to be built outside (night and day light) and part of the "mother set" with wallpaper, a statue and some death people framed pictures. This set will be one side the office (in front of my yard entrance) with the keys board, a reading lamp, some birds shadows and a lamppost and the other side the "mother set"

Property Lighting Home Light House
Pink Geisha Art Kimono

Discussion starter · #77 ·
3 Days Left - Wowzers!

I needed to make some videos and had to get the BIG stuff out temporarily tonight. The problem was (OK - I loved every second of it) I had neighbor after neighbor coming out to see the work. Trickling did it's job this year as they all said they couldn't wait to see what each new week brings. Here are some highlights from the temporary display tonight!

I left the Kraken up, but put back the cannon and pillory for Friday. Don't want to give all the surprises away just yet!

Keep going guys! We're almost there! :)

Well I didn't take any pictures today but will tomorrow. It has rained here the last 2 days so I haven't got much done. I did manage to get the front cemetery done except putting the pine straw, leaves and branches on it. Also ran all the wires needed to every location and put down the fog ducting. These items could and I did install in the rain. Wow the looks I was getting from drive-byers putting tombstones down in the pouring rain. Tomorrow is hanging plastic, finish cemeteries, and may start putting up and wiring the scare props.

The graveyard is up. Jason, Michael, Freddy, and the Mad Doctor will get set up tomorrow.

Reactions: pacman
61 - 80 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.