Halloween Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts
It's a bit slow going around here, but last weekend we got the cemetery fencing up and a few sparse tombstones. Today we set up all the tombstones into the final setup and started filling in with some of the props that can stay outside that have lights. I also worked on my driveway columns & only have one last paint layer before I think I'll call them done. Yippee!

We'll add all the cemetery details this week - flowers, spotlights, moss, rats, crows, candles, more string lights, body parts, groundbreakers & mourner lady. The details are my favorite part! I think I might add some paint to a couple of the tombstones that I bought this year too, to accent some of their details.

Here's a pic from today with DH setting up a tombstone & the kids hanging out in the playpen - I mean, graveyard! My DD4 is dancing with bride & groom skellies we bought the year we got married - I got to watch a lovely "puppet show" she put on for me. :D

This was a fun idea for a thread....following along is great, and I wish I'd spotted it earlier in the month!

Even though I'm a bit tardy, below are some progress photos taken from week 2, and I should get some new ones tomorrow. I'm off work, and we've got plenty yet to roll out. I'll grab some new photos afterward, and get caught up with everyone for week 3.
:)

Green Light Lighting Visual effect lighting Technology

Light Lighting Performance Darkness Event

Did my full test tonight with lights and fog. All circuits held. Here are three shots with iPad. Kids loved it tonight and I kind of enjoyed it too!
Someone in the Halloween forum gets the credit for putting the skelly in the caldron. Turned out to be a very cool prop!

Jim

Attachments

Really like this... man eating pumpkins restrained by chains!
I guess it stands to reason that 'InIrons' would appreciate a prop involving manacles, eh? ;)

Thanks for the encouraging words!

I'm trying 'an all pumpkin' thing this year, and have never done anything like it. I feel like I'm a little out on a limb (or maybe a vine?), so any positive words are huge....thanks!

Reelsore.....WoW! The scale is amazing. That looks huge! Is there a maze behind the facade? Great work.
Won't be a maze but will have a decent length walk through. The façade is 40 feet long, 8 feet tall in the middle, and 12 feet tall for the towers. Today got the vortex tunnel mostly built, some of the high voltage wiring installed, a few shelves for all the electronics to sit on, cauldron stands and fire simulators placed inside the cauldrons(the cauldrons are mounted on the top of each tower, hard to see in this photo though).

Green Black Darkness Light Sky
Property Tree Leaf Wall Grass

41 - 60 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.