Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While passing through an area of Rome with lots of snooty fashion stores, my Haunter's Eyes caught this window display and stopped me dead in my tracks, so to say. Otherwise, not interested in high end fashion stores.

After taking the video, I got the nerve to walk in and up the staircase. Certainly wasn't front-projection. Could have been rear projection--maybe. Or a series of LCD video panels that magically fit the dimensions of the vertical facing slats. While I didn't recall, my wife says she didn't see an image on the tops of the stairs looking down on each step as you ascend or descend. Would have been interesting to see what the staircase itself looked like with the effect switched off, and or the rear, interior side of the staircase to see what made it tick.

The ocean wave / water effect is cool. Nice for a Pirate theme? Could also project fire and flames for a diabolical stairway to Hell application. Anyway, thought folks would enjoy:

Here's a Google Street View of the window display showing different lighting. Didn't notice until I zoomed into the Street View that the store is located at #13--even though you also see it in the video. "I ain't superstitious" but cool coincidence:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.905408,12.481193,3a,37.5y,160.67h,84.93t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1svXlT9qYzHY9O41z4kZ1zOA!2e0!6m1!1e1

·
Registered
124 Posts
There are a few other videos of these stairs on YT and from the looks of it these are high density LED matrixes like the type used to create video billboards.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, the cost for implementing something like this is beyond the reach of most of us, and well suited for LV ;)
Indeed. I noticed a variety of other high-end shops in the neighborhood that used simple projection effects for atmosphere. Nothing I thought worth taking photos of, but still cool. The LV display won Best of Breed though. Bleeding money to do so...

·
Registered
902 Posts
Whatever it is, it's super cool! you could do a lot with that technology, wow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts