Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious to know if I am obsessed or possessed? I find myself intriqued with everything halloween. When it comes to prop building I give it my all, time and money. I feel that it is really an addiction. Am I alone in this or are there others out there, that question themselves as to what they are doing. Is there a need for a haunters anonymous group.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
...Such a fine line between genius and madness..

I believe we have had this discussion on the forum before, in various guises.

Just my two Pennyworth, but I think it's a great, imaginative hobby. It encourages and develops imagination, problem solving, art, manual dexterity and a host of other skills.
plus it brings a great sense of achievement and gives pleasure to others...It's all good.
O.k..So we may be looked upon by some as somewhat eccentric or even weird, but these are normally the same people that are Oooh-ing and Aahh-ing over our displays come Halloween night.

Like any hobby or interest, I think it only becomes a problem when it starts to affect your relationships with others, or If you're spending so much money on it that the bills aren't getting paid and the kids are eating dogfood.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am also addicit to everything halloween. I find it a great stress reliever when I work on props or just google stuff about Halloween. I am on this site at least 3 times a day. It helps keep me young and my imagination, which I need because I have a 2 year old. I won't say I spend a fortune on Halloween stuff, but if I really want something I figure out a way to get it. I don't feel there is anything wrong with us here. Nobody says anything if you go all out for Christmas, so why should it be any different for Halloween!?
I look at it this way: I could be addicit to something worse like drugs, alcohol or gambling. I'm not hurting anyone or myself being a Halloween Junkie, just scaring the Sh*t out of them!:eek: HA HA HA:D
If your thinking of forming a support group for us junkies I may have to join, althrough this place is kind of like a support group, maybe it should be named A.H.J.A. Addicit Halloween Junkies Anonymous:p

·
Registered
540 Posts
... and the kids are eating dogfood.
You can feed them dogfood!? Why didn't I think of that. That stuff is cheap. Thanks so much. I can get that $15000 pneumatic groundbreaking zombie witch I saw on ebay! Suh-Weet! :D

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts
I have people that don't know me by name, but they know me as oohh there is the Halloween lady, so that says a lot. I try to convert strangers to Halloween, like Jehovah witness's. My vehicle has Zombie stickers on the side of it, I ask for Zombie or Halloween Merchandise for Valentines, and get it.. So am I:
passionate = love everything Halloween=yes
addicted = been working on one tombstone prop for 3 months =yes
obsessed= look at my credit card =yes
crazy=storing buckys in my attic=yes
wierd=asking home depot people for monstermud, oh i mean joint compound=yes

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Are you really asking this question on here? lol. I am so addicted to everything halloween i spend every waking moment thinking,reading or watching something about halloween. I would wear halloween underwear if i could find any. I am in a constant state of trying to figure out how i can budget my money to get the next piece for my prop. I know for me i got possessed by the spirit of halloween and because of that i became obsessed.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Possession, obsession.

You say tomato, I say tomato...

(That really doesn't come out the same in print, does it? :p)

My friends and family use the obsessed word a lot in referring to me and Halloween, so I'll go with obsessed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
love this post, you all are cracking me up! I do stifle my Halloween projects until July. Started brewing early this year because I didn't have a party last year. This year is going to be good!!! ****(enter evil laugh)*******

1 - 11 of 11 Posts