Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to start this thread for our yard display this year. I've not really started much yet as far as setting up, but I'm ready to go and will be starting the full set up next week. So far I've set up my fake tree for my spiders and put in a few of the props that can go up before I shoot the webs over the tree Monday or tuesday. Once the webs get done I'll be able to start hanging spiders and install the giant spider onto the front of the tree. Once the tree is done I'll move on to the scarecrow and cornfield, which is the second most labor intensive setup. The the graveyard and witch/cauldron creep will get set up last. I hope to have it all done by next weekend. Heres what I've done so far...

Branches secured into the fake stump base I made earlier in the year. Lines run for mounting the giant spider too.

Close up of the base/stump...

Victims secured in place with zip ties and stakes. These guys will be webbed up good with the web gun.

Dead bird and egg sac. These will also get blended into the scene with the web gun.

That's it for now. I'll be posting more updates as things progress.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I love your spider and egg sack .... looks like they are about to burst out anytime , creeps me out i hate spiders , looking forward to checking back for more photos.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I thought the same thing about the tree base. I really like the way it looks. I wish I would have seen this earlier to have tried doing something like this myself. The webbing and skelly's look great too!

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is awesome! Love the sign and the boards on the windows. Great web. The witch is my favorite---of course. Where did you get her?

Is the sign on foam?
Thanks! The with is about 3 years old and is made from a gothic witch dress, 2 tomato cages, 3 pool noodles, a plastic skull, an old man mask, and a long grey wig. I invested maybe $30 in building her. She is getting a little worn and faded around the face and I plan on rebuilding her using a HorrorDome mask that I really like. The signs are indeed foam, as are my window boards, graveyard sign, and the body of the giant spider.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts