Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about taking down our 'Boxes' this weekend. I am afriad if I don't I will end up 're-buying' something!

I want to look at eveything I have so I can make sure I find the best idea for it this year - plus we will be in the Neitherlands in two weeks for two weeks and I need to see what I have before I travel in case I find some thing that I 'Need'.

What are your plans?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I brought mine up from the basement 2 weeks ago just so I can get a head start; I've obtained a lot of stuff over the years and I need to do an inventory to see what I may need depending on what I decide for my Halloween Haunt/ Party. Have fun in the Netherlands; I bet you'll find something very good over there that none of us will be able to get. Good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm getting our boxes out sometime this week since we plan to start building our big props for this year this weekend. We're doing the same theme we did last year (a witch/haunted forest theme) but just expanding it and adding more props this year. So mainly I need to see what I have, what I need to buy, and to see what props need to be repaired or touched up.
Last year I bought alot of small accent props and supplies for making props, some things we didn't even get a chance to use, so I need to remind myself of what I have before we really get started so I don't buy anything over again too.

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
I brought mine up from the basement 2 weeks ago just so I can get a head start; I've obtained a lot of stuff over the years and I need to do an inventory to see what I may need depending on what I decide for my Halloween Haunt/ Party. Have fun in the Netherlands; I bet you'll find something very good over there that none of us will be able to get. Good luck.
When you do inventory, can you look for my security cameras? I lost them about two years ago in my box pile and have yet to find them. :)

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
There are some out right now, because we needed costume pieces for HBP. :D

In the past the first week in October, but since the Witches Wingding is on Oct 1st, I guess I'll be getting them out in Sept this year, so I can get ready

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
I go up into the attic a couple of times a year to look at stuff, and I started looking through my bins back in May.

I also have a photo inventory that I keep on my computer. That helps a lot. I can see what I have, and how I set things up in years past.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
We really got behind with all our projects when I got sick in Jan. and then I stayed sick and then last month had surgery! So now I'm having panic attacks!!!(just kidding)lol! So I have piles of stuff all over, got all my jars together to make my witch bottles and there's 10 other projects here that got started that we need to finish.

I have stuff packed all over my house & the bulk is in the garage. So all the stuff that was in the house I have pulled out & its down in my office now & we are starting to unpack the halloween boxes this weekend so we can start decorating the inside of the garage. Having that done last year in August for the contest here really helped & this year I'm determined to have all my decorating done early so I can have more time to enjoy it !

Also would like to have some time in October to drive out & see the haunts of my halloween prop building group members. We just met last Sat. & everybody is working on projects for this season. So they all have stuff they are unpacking too!

Oh I Can't Wait!!

The time is upon us...that everytime we log into the Halloween Forum...that countdown at the top up there makes us sweat bullets!!lol

the Muffster

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would unpack everything today, if I could, and I'd be thinking I waited too long! All the little projects take so long, and i always forget what I have, packed up. Wish we had a garage or basement.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I go up into the attic a couple of times a year to look at stuff, and I started looking through my bins back in May.

I also have a photo inventory that I keep on my computer. That helps a lot. I can see what I have, and how I set things up in years past.
That's a really good idea. I should take a picture inventory of all the items I have.

All of my stuff is in our metal shed out back. I go out there a couple of times a month, just to get ideas for new props. I'm going to get back to working on a coffin this weekend that I'm building.

Joe

·
Registered
576 Posts
Historically I don't pull out the boxes until the week of setup. And it never fails that every year I find something I bought at the end of the season and forgot about. "I bought that?"

I need to get a few skulls from my boxes to add to some of the props I'm building this year, so I will definately do break-outs sooner.

C

·
0 Posts

I like the idea of a photo inventory!!!! being organized is not one of my strong points.
Mid- Sept, I will start dragging boxes out.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I usually get out and set up the Fall decorations on Sept 1st. On Oct 1st (or unless I can't take the wait any longer) I'll add all of the Halloween decos.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me have the spare bedroom so I never have to box anything up again! I told her overnight guests can sleep in there too! See? Who said husbands don't compromise?!?!!? :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
not till a week before my annual party (Sat Oct. 24th this year)...far too many items to leave around, would clutter my entire house and my wife would kill me!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I started last night. I cleared my dining room cupboard out and set up my 'Witches Cupboard'. I've also started making the Beloved tombstone.

I always start getting that Halloween 'itch' at the end of July, beginning of August. I start with the inside and work my way out!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Finally got the garage clean after the garage sale. Picked up some air for my airbrush last night as I realized the attachments to hook to my air compressor need more research.

So starting tonight I plan to put the family to work painting skulls in the garage. In short I need to get all my half finished projects out in the garage and worked on before I pull the boxes out from under the stairs.

It is really hard to resist though! My 2 year old loves trying on masks that we have out. I cant wait to open the box with all the masks so we can dig through them. I must have picked up a dozen new ones during the after halloween sales.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts