Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having a small outpatient surgery last week I had plenty of time on my hands so I walked to the end of the street grabbed a chunk of bark a big piece of a branch and two smaller branches and cranked this lil dude out but tried to do a better job on his head and body this time.
Road surface Asphalt Wood Tar Sidewalk

Elephants and Mammoths Working animal Sleeve Terrestrial animal Creative arts

Toy Wood Cucurbita Pumpkin Calabaza

Automotive tire Wood Asphalt Gas Road surface

Wood Sculpture Art Flooring Machine

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice work - amazing what you can do with a few bits and bobs found on the street/ground.
Yes!! Thank you Dandy! You’re the first one to acknowledge that. My point of showing the pics is to show you that you could make something pretty dang cool Quite inexpensively. The little Styrofoam heads came from eBay, the paint was $.50 from Walmart, cheesecloth five bucks for a yard and everything else was free lol

·
Registered
Yorkshire Scarer
1,285 Posts
When I made props for our work events in my former job my go to material was 3 layer cardboard which I scrounged/saved whenever possible. Scrap wood was saved. Anything that could be reused and cost nothing as we had NO budget. My wishing well was a big box, offcuts of polystyrene for the stones, and cheesecloth to cover and strengthen it. Heavy as hell when it was monster mudded but virtually indestructible. Those were the days.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I made props for our work events in my former job my go to material was 3 layer cardboard which I scrounged/saved whenever possible. Scrap wood was saved. Anything that could be reused and cost nothing as we had NO budget. My wishing well was a big box, offcuts of polystyrene for the stones, and cheesecloth to cover and strengthen it. Heavy as hell when it was monster mudded but virtually indestructible. Those were the days.
Ha ha nice! My go to seems to be branches, bark, and pvc. I just made a 3rd one today. I posted it. I have 2 more full size scarecrows in my attic to show. You gonna love em. Hopefully. Lol.
My wife has been to Great Britain but I have not. I would lose myself in the history there. Even to walk in the English countyside would be a thrill. I could imagine how much of Great Britain is haunted...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts