Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
You may not have found out yet, but you will eventually, that these old style projectors have an incredibly slow response time when playing video, resulting in images almost slow motion even though its supposed to play its normal speed. The only wat to change it is to actually remove and replace the lcd panel inside the projector and replace it with a stripped panel, preferably from a portable dvd player. Otherwise, you mightl be disappointed when trying to play even the simplest of videos, unless you are only playing videos that are inherently slow motion, like ghosts or snowflakes. Even videos like hallowindow have some normal speed imagery to them and it will be noticeable on these projectors.

This is what I did when I got one of these behemoths. I had a busted portable 7" dvd player, which I stripped the panel and replaced the original panel. I was luck in the sense that the original lcd had a separate power junction so that I could remove it and still be able to light the projector bulb and fans normallly. It was a little tricky but here's the end result:

Resulting images on a 146" backyard screen

Hopefully, the images your projector will be enough to your satisfaction. Great find nontheless.

Victor

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tested it and it looks really good. Not as old as the dinosaurs you guys have holy crap. lol I looked up the original cost and it was over 10 grand!

But on ebay they are selling for around 150 bucks which really shouldn't be a surprise. I'll be using 3 total. 2 in the windows for windows creeps and one for pumpkins outside. Considering the size of this beast and the ability for it to move the lens up down and side to side this sucker will be outside for Halloween.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice find texmaster, I am always on the lookout for used projectors but never found one with that nice a price.

victor-eyd, that was an ingenious retro fit on that projector, bravo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts