Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, ever since I moved from the northeast to the southwest, I've been trying hard to get that Halloween feeling every autumn even though it's still 70-80 degrees at that time.

But I AM starting to notice differences in temperature, in plants and in weather. My roses really do "winter over," unbelievably, since the lows rarely get below the mid-50s (except at night...it gets pretty cold then). And I have noticed a big difference between spring and summer...finally! I consider this a good thing because I miss seasons so much!

Now that it's gotten really hot...summer-hot for here...I am very slightly getting that feeling of "oh, after this comes Halloween time". Not as much as I'd like, but to a degree. So...now I'm getting excited! I'm excited to have fun with my summer...then have the kids to back to school (I love the beginning of the school year; it's just fun)...then I'll be making decorations!!!!

I will also start planning my "autumn color" garden as my spring flowers are finally beginning to die off (they have a season too)...for summer I'm doing mostly yellow; then for autumn, I'm going to throw in some oranges and reds.

This post doesn't really have a point...just wanted to share that I'm finally getting a little excited again...after four years!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yea. I live in IA. Once we hit July I start getting that antsy feeling knowing the Halloween season is only two months away. I also like that season from the beginning of the school year. Brings back memories. Back when I was in Jr. and Sr. High school about mid summer id start getting excited for school to start up again so I could see my friends. Since most of them lived in the town where the school was 10 miles away i didn't get to see them much over the summer. At least not till I got my driver's license. Also all the events around this time are the peak of summer and once they're over the summer winds down into Fall.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I hear ya guys! The heat makes it so hard. I am in northern CA, so ..it tends to be between 80-100 degrees from July usually until mid to late September. I can't wait for it to be cold and for Halloween to be here. :) The heat makes it hard to make props and get into the spirit!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ntokheim, exactly...it has good associations even for those of us who were shy, like me...meeting back up with old friends, getting everything shiny and new (school clothes, book bagl, pencil), just the pace picking up...Summer is nice but by the time it was over I and everyone I knew were so DONE. (Sorry for the grammar.)

Adam, how cold does it get in the winter where you are? My husband is taking all of us up to June Lake this September and I can't wait...I have never seen NorCal! I am a tree person so this will be so awesome!

Halloweeeiner, your username makes me laugh...You're right. It's ALREADY flying. I really can't believe it's already July. We already passed the longest day of the year...This year just seems to be going by fast.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I cant wait for Summer to leave us....the heat here has been unbearable the past couple of weeks. I want Autumn to come but I wont want it to end!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Here in Indiana it was in the 90's last week and today it rained all day and was about 70. Has been getting down to jacket weather at night. Feels like early fall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts