Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to make sure you got one of these things, that were like $75 marked down to $15!!! And did you listen to me, no you DIDN'T. I know you.

orange03.jpg

Do note the finely-sculpted zygomatic arches, this was a touch I was not expecting:

orange01.jpg

Pix do this no justice, DL & Co. uses the glowiest, most translucent and beautiful waxes.

orange02.jpg

...See, told you you should have jumped on the chance.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...And just for good measure, this is my midsummer Vanitas. As Tom G. Warrior of Celtic Frost used to shout mid-song: ARE YOU MORBID? And of course I am, Tom. Silly you. *pops in Melana Chasmata by Tryptikon*

vanitas 8-3-15a.jpg

Anyhoo, D.L. & Co. for the win. I can only buy stuff there that is seriously marked down, but cherish the few pieces I have.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Oh, I really like your gothic-looking lacy iron wrought candleholders! I know that's not what this post is about, but that's the kinda stuff that I swoon over! LOL! Nice display! :cool:

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Yes it was, or thereabouts. Now I would never PAY that. But yes.
WOW!!! It's very cool, but $75...WOW!!.

The pumpkin on the stand looks like one I got at Homegoods last year. I saw them at Gordman's the other day and they have lights in them this year.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW!!! It's very cool, but $75...WOW!!.

The pumpkin on the stand looks like one I got at Homegoods last year. I saw them at Gordman's the other day and they have lights in them this year.
There are glass pumpkins out there that are lit, now?!!! I will be looking for those, I'd love to have one! I got mine from, I think, Hobby Lobby a few years back. I want an all-amber one.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Perhaps some of you have not seen these pix, so I will post them here. D.L. and Co. are masters of macabre yet incredibly beautiful setups. Never in one million years could I match the elegance of what they do, not without an unlimited budget. Yet I keep them close in my mind, as inspiration.

gothic splendor01.jpg

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
An absinthe-themed window they did for Chrome Hearts: [another store I'd love to run amok in with no spending limits]:

gothic splendor absinthe.jpg

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Remember that Pottery Barn ghost horse we liked so much last year? I wanted to do something like this with it, if only I could think of a way to make it happen. Then there was the problem of storage space.... so I never did get that horse. But ghost horses for the win.

gothic splendor horse.jpg

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the exquisite detail.... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

gothic CU1.jpg

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Excuse double pic up there, I cant make it go away. But I shall leave you with one last one. The thing I want most out of this pic are the two white porcelain hippocampuses, *SWOON!!!* OMG! Where did they even find those things.... [for those going "What?!" They are both on the left side of the pic.] When it comes to macabre with an elegant touch, D.L. & Co. simply cannot be beat.

gothic hippocamus.jpg

......Yeah, I am *not* on their level :-(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts