Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Forum...doing a pirate theme this year -- complete with ship and at least one talking pirate. Hopefully more.

Dressing up Dr. Shivers as the Greeter/Intro Pirate...at this point I can get him to do a monologue, but would love to create a conversation between him and Boris or Gemmy Spirit Ball (have witch and swami) or Gemmy Skull Lantern...or any other pairing of those items.

Downloaded Audacity and have created a test of 2 voices talking (1 on stereo left and 1 on stereo right). I haven't yet gotten the splitter which will only send left channel to shivers and right channel to the other talking prop -- not sure what I need to get to accomplish that.

When I tested it out (sending both channels into Shivers' mic jack from a headphones jack on a boom box, Shivers will only speak the left channel dialogue (can faintly hear the right channel dialogue from speaker in his chest).

The Gemmy Skull Lantern seems like trouble from what I've read on other threads...and yes, he's noisy with static and the mouth won't react well to output from headphones jack on boom box going into the mic input jack on skull.

Any special Audacity settings I should use for conversation?

Any way of creating the conversation without snipping wires?

I also have a Motor Mouth from Haunt Master but am out of my element...any advice?

Thanks so much for the help.

·
Captain o'th Black Pearl
2,036 Posts
If you go to ScaryTery.com, Cowlacious Scary Terry Products and
Cowlacious Designs Products Page and get quick kits, controllers to drive a single servo mounted in a bucky skull, easier and better quality than the Gemmy Greeter skull.

You could also buy the skull, and controller from Blinky at RockBottomCemetery.com (email her first to see if she's back in business after the Houston flooding..) and build it according to the 3-axis project going on here. That way tho you have to buy VSA to drive the controller.. short-time span, I'd probably go with ScaryTerry's kit..

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Glad you have found your way. Yup, see.....found someone to help already. There should be others coming along soon to help too. Welcome to the forum...You will like it here
( everyone is nice.) LOL !

·
Captain o'th Black Pearl
2,036 Posts
New to the Forum...doing a pirate theme this year -- complete with ship and at least one talking pirate. Hopefully more.

Dressing up Dr. Shivers as the Greeter/Intro Pirate...at this point I can get him to do a monologue, but would love to create a conversation between him and Boris or Gemmy Spirit Ball (have witch and swami) or Gemmy Skull Lantern...or any other pairing of those items.

Downloaded Audacity and have created a test of 2 voices talking (1 on stereo left and 1 on stereo right). I haven't yet gotten the splitter which will only send left channel to shivers and right channel to the other talking prop -- not sure what I need to get to accomplish that.

When I tested it out (sending both channels into Shivers' mic jack from a headphones jack on a boom box, Shivers will only speak the left channel dialogue (can faintly hear the right channel dialogue from speaker in his chest).

The Gemmy Skull Lantern seems like trouble from what I've read on other threads...and yes, he's noisy with static and the mouth won't react well to output from headphones jack on boom box going into the mic input jack on skull.

Any special Audacity settings I should use for conversation?

Any way of creating the conversation without snipping wires?

I also have a Motor Mouth from Haunt Master but am out of my element...any advice?

Thanks so much for the help.
Other way 'tis pretty easy too.. use an iPod-type headset splitter, you can pick them up at Radio Shack, BestBuy, any electronics store really.. then also pick up TWO 10'-20' headphone extension cords (one for each skull) with stereo plugs on one end and stereo jacks on the other.......

For the Gemmy/Talking Boris, either Google or search this forum for Talking Boris mods to wire the headphone extension into the input of the Gemmy/Talking Boris in place of the microphone. Wiring the cord into the Gemmy input allows you to run your own audio from the computer/CD player into each skull. You'll plug the splitter into the computer or CD player, each headphone extension into the splitter and other end of extension (stereo jack) gets cut off and wired into the skull's input......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts