Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luckily, this year, November contains a Friday the 13th. This makes this Novemberween celebrations extra fun and extra creepy!

For quite some years now, I have made it a point to watch one of the Friday the 13th films on Friday the 13th. I bet some of you here have tried this. I guess it's like watching "Halloween" on Halloween. Adds a different dimension of entertainment value to the viewing of the film.

There's a whole bunch of sequels by now, but my favorites are the very earliest films, which I think, overall, are better made. For this reason, I am often inclined to pick the very first film in the series. It's nicely done, and has a scary atmosphere to it. Are any of you guys gonna watch one of these films, and if so, which?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I should watch Friday the 13th tonight..... I have to put the rest of our Halloween decorations away this weekend.
I worked last weekend and had no time at all.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Most of my movies are still packed away from the remodel so no Jason tonight. If I were to pick I'd pick #2 simply because it was the first one I ever watched and also the first where Jason is actually the killer. Also if I'm not mistaken, it's the only one where he doesn't don the hockey mask. After that I'd pick #1 too. After all it's not every day you get to see a oh-so-young Kevin Bacon get murdered. :D

My hubby did find me a copy of Critters recently so maybe we'll watch it tonight. I loved it as a kid but it's been at least 25 years since I watched it. :eek:

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I like Jason as a horror character, but was never a fan of the film franchise outside the first and second one. I also did like the remake. We didn't watch any of the films, but we did watch the Tuesday the 17th episode of Psych, which is kind of a spoof of the movie. It's a fun episode.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm more into classic horror and scifi as opposed to the slasher films. The original Halloween however is one of my favorites, but they go downhill. Season of the Witch is a classic, and number 2 not so bad. I moreso enjoy cold war horror, Universal and Hammer, some 80s, and modern day classics like SLEEPY HOLLOW. I also like some found footage, like BLAIR WITCH (which is genuinely creepy), and CLOVERFIELD. 28 DAYS LATER and 28 WEEKS LATER are really good, THE DESCENT, and THE RING. These all stand out from more recent times. The tragic events going on in Paris tonight are overwhelming the plans of all good people everywhere, unfortunately. Prayers out to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts