Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novemberween is the month-long holiday celebration that follows October and the traditional Halloween.

Its purpose is to allow you to do a bunch of things you just weren't able to get around to in October, because you were so busy doing other things.

You may want to bake some pies. You may want to watch a bunch of movies.

You might even have a Halloween party planned (I know of one person who has a Halloween party planned for November! It makes perfect sense. It's easier to do after the seasonal activity has quieted down.)

It's still fall. Pumpkin pies are still available at many bakeries and restaurants, as are those pumpkin spice lattes people like so much.

Thanksgiving is coming up soon, so many people are still in the celebrating mindset...fall decorations are still up all over the place, and will be throughout the month!

Ask yourself, as a Halloween enthusiast.....doesn't NOVEMBERWEEN sound like a nice way to wind down after the frantic October month?

Treat yourself to some fun.

·
Registered
460 Posts
It's Halloween until the pumpkins are covered with snow - and even then, there's still time!

today begins the official planning for Halloween 2016!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh heh heh heh heh. You guys are cool.

I'm so thrilled that some of you guys like the idea. I have done this for at least three years now. It just seems to make sense. A real Halloween enthusiast cannot do enough in October. There are too many things to do and see! Plus, a lot of people think of Thanksgiving as the "second" or "little" Halloween, with all the pumpkin pie, general feasting and Twilight Zone viewing.

Knowing that you're going to relax a bit longer with the fun makes the arrival of November 1st just a little easier. For folks around here, Halloween is "all year" anyway so what's another month of active celebrating?

I just rested a few hours, now I'm up. Novemberween celebrating begins...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Our chickens just got a leftover jack-o-lantern today. They were confused.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I totally get into fall/Thanksgiving mode. I am usually the one who cooks ever since our mom passed away. Slowly taking down Halloween and replacing with fall....as I have time, I have so much outside work to do and homework, ugh!

I do plan on making some pies this year, and I had a Halloween BBQ in the past on the fifth of November, so I agree, it's doable!

Hooray Novemberween, hehe, love the name.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seriously, I feel doubly motivated to do Novemberween this year, because Halloween was a lot of hard work, and when it was all wrapped up, I had done and seen much less than I usually do. It was good and everything, but I have that hunger for more, you know?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
For supernatural writers like myself it's year round regardless, but this is a fun idea. I've already kept the theme for the den with bar and pool table, and it looks great. We now have Direct TV and it has a built in DVR. I have so many classic horror movies and specials to watch and burn onto DVD that I probably won't get done until next fall. I can start catching up now and have kicked it off with Halloween Baking Championships. This is actually a really cool show with a lot of Halloween background. My DVR maxed out on Halloween due to all the recordings. At 4% available now lol.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is a very relaxing feeling to have the attitude of "this November I am enjoying all my creepy treats, the way I couldn't do in October." I am thinking of this as being like going through the bag of candy you collected on Halloween night, at a leisurely pace.

Tonight I will read some of a book called "Haunted Houses for the Millions," an old trade paperback from the late 60's. It looks real cozy! ......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts