Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Labor Day has come and gone but my walmart is still pushing "back to school" junk and no Halloween in sight. No cleared shelves, no black and orange storage bins, nada. In the grocery section, they have put out about a half a row of halloween candy, which did give me a little tingle of excitement, I must say! I haven't given in to the candy corn yet but I am weakening!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,608 Posts
Kmart is the same here, although the back to school stuff has been moved to a cleaance area and there are lots of empty shelves where they normally put Halloween. I'm thinking in the next two weeks both retailers will have their stuff out. Even Party City was still only half stocked as of last week. They normally have everything out by Labor Day.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I went to walmart here and there is nothing out except in the craft section so in the home and garden section they have some fall foilage, but nothing specifically Halloween yet at all and there are no cleared shelves. They also haven't even started the candy aisles here. I went to walgreens also and they have a small row of candy and on the top of that row is a little bit of stuff but nothing major is out yet. I'm so sure more was out this time last year. I hate waiting. :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
Don't think ASDA will have anything in till Wallmart does. Our kids in Scotland have been back at school for weeks now, you'd think they'd have cleared it, but oh no, school stuff is still everywhere.

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
I know some wal-marts have got them.

And us for us in the UK, this time last year ASDA had their halloween stuff fully out, and i know for a fact got the receipt for my zombie butler was from 8th september. (a year ago today) and they had just put done the halloween section the day before.

So i must say i'm disappointed and slightly worried that it's not already out, makes me worry they might have cut back on the amount of display/stock they're gonna do due to the recession.

·
Registered
665 Posts
They have been putting out halloween stuff out in Ontario, Canada, costumes, home decorating and some tombstones for outdoor. Inflatable skull too...but I think there is more to come, they usually have the large animated as well.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
mine here in Arkansas, on Friday, had costumes, makeup, candy bags - but that was about it...no big decoration, prop type things out yet....

·
Registered
625 Posts
We are in a rush to see the Halloween stuff, but really it's only September 8th, and some kids still go back the day after Labor Day to school. You know when you went to school or have kids in school that oh you didn't get the right thing, or need something, so in my opinion stores should still have back to school stuff for another week. After Friday, I would personally say they could put up the Halloween stuff.

For the stores, I say why rush Halloween if people aren't going to buy it right away unless you are really after the stuff like all these people on this forum are.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
My local Walmart had stuff on the shelves yesterday and they were still putting stuff out when I was in their. Nothing stood out though

·
Registered
384 Posts
My little girl doesn't go back to school until Thursday out here in Cali. I will miss having her home all day but I also know when she goes back, the shelves start clearing off

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
LOL I called both the nearest walmarts yesterday to inquire when they would be stocking their Halloween stuff. One store said the end of this week or maybe next week. The second store had a woman answering the phone already sounding annoyed and then when asked when decorations will be put out a very rude 'Ugh, I don't know.':rolleyes:

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
LOL I called both the nearest walmarts yesterday to inquire when they would be stocking their Halloween stuff. One store said the end of this week or maybe next week. The second store had a woman answering the phone already sounding annoyed and then when asked when decorations will be put out a very rude 'Ugh, I don't know.':rolleyes:
Talk about rude customer service - This is why I don't like Wallyworld or Kfart,
bad customer service - well, at least the ones here in SoFla :mad:

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We are in a rush to see the Halloween stuff, but really it's only September 8th, and some kids still go back the day after Labor Day to school. You know when you went to school or have kids in school that oh you didn't get the right thing, or need something, so in my opinion stores should still have back to school stuff for another week. After Friday, I would personally say they could put up the Halloween stuff.

For the stores, I say why rush Halloween if people aren't going to buy it right away unless you are really after the stuff like all these people on this forum are.
Our kids have been back in school for almost three weeks now. All that "college dorm" stuff they are pushing is just sitting there collecting dust. They may as well clearance it 'cause nobody's buying it.

Up until about three years ago, our walmart started putting Halloween out when school started. Back then, all holiday went up where the garden stuff is. Now they leave garden up till Christmas comes out.

I guess I can really understand why they don't want to put it out any earlier than they have to. Once the costumes hit the shelves, the Halloween section looks like a war zone and employees are constantly having to pick up and reorganize. I would hate it too.

I'm still ready to see what they've got though! ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Our Walmart has all the inflaitables, costumes and some small items out. There is two huge stacks of unopened box's yet, Should be all out this week.

Nothing worth posting yet, unless your into inflaitables(hate them). There is a huge spider that turns its head side to side.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I was in our (Western Colorado) Walmart Monday (Labor Day) and they were just starting to clear shelves and unbox things. I noticed last year they did not carry any inflatables :mad:

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Just stopped by there. There's candy and party supplies like napkins, plates, cookie cutters...

But, on a positive note - The Garden Lanterns are now 1/2 off. Only 5 bucks :)

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ours is now putting out costumes. The candy aisle is full but I noticed it really isn't Halloween candy, per say. It is mostly large bags of fun size candy bars displayed in orange cardboard shelf boxes. No halloween M&M's, kisses, or anything special.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts