Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm hoping someone knows how to fix Store Bought Animated Props.

I purchased this item from Home Depot in 2016 (Home Accents Holiday 72 in. Skeleton Pirate with Talking Zombie Parrot) It worked great though out last Halloween, however this year it just makes a chirp sound, I think it microsecond of sound of the first thing it says. It will chirp every time when I wave my hand of the sensor. I was able to take it apart to see if there was any loose wires. Home Depot can't tell me how to get it fix, the item is imported from China. I know the head/mouth work because I pluged it into a Witch I have from that I believe it the same manufacturer. Does anyone know how to fix these props?
HD 2016 Home Accents Holiday Skeleton Pirate with talking Perrot.jpg

·
Registered
574 Posts
It's a Gemmy prop. It's unlikely you'll be able to obtain a replacement sound board. There are instructions on how to hack the Gemmy props to take external input out there. A few years ago, they had a Christmas prop that everyone and their brother was hacking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you're using an ac adaptor to power it, do you have the right one? A neighbor gave me a "non-working" prop that had an adaptor of lower voltage than required. Once I replaced it with the right one it worked just fine. I know if you have multiple props they can sometimes get mixed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts