Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We made, what I think, is a pretty cool cannon for our Pirate themed party this year. I hate to get rid of it, however it is kind of big to store and we aren't sure when we would use it again. Do you guys have any suggestions for other themes this might work for in the future, so I can justify keeping it?

IMG_20151102_172349818.jpg
IMG_20151102_172346282.jpg

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Carnevil thing is a good idea, but we just did that theme two years ago. :( I might give it up as I can't seem to justify keeping it! Doesn't it break your heart to not keep something you made that you are so proud of??

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
Without the cannon part on top the lower part of it reminds me of a kids toy vehicle. If you were going to do a haunted kids room haunt scene you could turn it into a truck or something for dolls to ride on.

and yes, I know how you feel about parting with something you enjoyed creating.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't even think of taking it apart and re-purposing it for other props! That is a great idea and what I plan to do!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Ever since a local man's mail box was dynamited,I began welding hidden plugs into the barrels of my scrap metal gun-like creations. The plugs are painted flat black and are usually only inside the barrel by 2 inches or less.
The dynamited mailbox looked like a large scale 357 Magnum pistol made fro well-casing pipe.
So with shallow plugs in-place if some Doofuss stuck the bomb inside,it might not find enough room in there and just fall back out at the Doofuss!
which would mean "No steel shrapnel for the neighborhood.
"Doofuss" might have a problem though.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I have the exact same dilemma! I had a pirate party in the summer, and put some effort into the cannon. I used it briefly in October for a front yard pirate skeleton invasion. (I do some shifting stuff around as a lead-up to the real Halloween decorating.) Now the darn thing has to be stored, and it takes up a lot of space. I can't yet bear to trash it, though.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
I have the exact same dilemma! I had a pirate party in the summer, and put some effort into the cannon. I used it briefly in October for a front yard pirate skeleton invasion. (I do some shifting stuff around as a lead-up to the real Halloween decorating.) Now the darn thing has to be stored, and it takes up a lot of space. I can't yet bear to trash it, though.
Never trash anything another haunter might give a good home to!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts